• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• SDSUJacks

• ron

• ManiacAlum

SDSU 82

Nevada 65

Jacks, your team is for real. They are a player in this year's outcome in the battle for the league. Congrats on the win! This is big for the Summit league.

Thanks again ron. I just can't speak enough about how this is such a different feeling around this team than in years past. The cohesiveness and unity is very noticeable. I spoke w/ our stud true frosh (the kid who backed out of his verbal to Iowa State and turned down Wake Forest- he had 23 tonight and 7 in a row at one point) and he spoke of how he was glad God guided him to SDSU and away from ISU. He spoke of the bond this team already has. The major contributors to this team are mostly Frosh and Soph, so we are sure to have some lowpoints still. But the way we are playing is amazing. We seem to get a new leader every game. Last game our Rs Frosh had 24, tonight it was a true Frosh having 23. We've been beating people by simply shooting lights out. That wasn't the case 2nt. Our star PG Wolters picked up foul #4 w/ alot of time left and had to sit. We quite simply outhustled and outscratched a bigger Nevada team. We didn't shoot well from the floor or FT line and still were up by 20 before Nevada hit a long trey w/ :35 to go.

Ron - we are for real, no doubt. Now, are we Oakland/ORU for real? Boy, at the end of the day I just don't think so yet. Someone asked tonight what we'd look like come tourney time. I still predicted Oak #1 and ORU #2 and said you guys beat Utah and darn near beat TT without your beast Craion and w/ basically alot of new pieces. I said, by the end of the year, I believe Craion, DBH, Roundtree, Niles, Hunter and co. will work their way into the 2nd best team in the conference. It...is...early. I am enjoying the heck out of being 6-0 but understand NDSU and UW-Milwaukee are in the near future. Our kids are now suddenly talking about bringing the tradition back and praising the student section. This is the first time we've felt like a real team since D2 days...and I love it, win or lose.

Next up: Sat vs. NDSU They have alot of young talent, similar to us. I expect a battle!

Thanks again ron. I just can't speak enough about how this is such a different feeling around this team than in years past. The cohesiveness and unity is very noticeable. I spoke w/ our stud true frosh (the kid who backed out of his verbal to Iowa State and turned down Wake Forest- he had 23 tonight and 7 in a row at one point) and he spoke of how he was glad God guided him to SDSU and away from ISU. He spoke of the bond this team already has. The major contributors to this team are mostly Frosh and Soph, so we are sure to have some lowpoints still. But the way we are playing is amazing. We seem to get a new leader every game. Last game our Rs Frosh had 24, tonight it was a true Frosh having 23. We've been beating people by simply shooting lights out. That wasn't the case 2nt. Our star PG Wolters picked up foul #4 w/ alot of time left and had to sit. We quite simply outhustled and outscratched a bigger Nevada team. We didn't shoot well from the floor or FT line and still were up by 20 before Nevada hit a long trey w/ :35 to go.

Ron - we are for real, no doubt. Now, are we Oakland/ORU for real? Boy, at the end of the day I just don't think so yet. Someone asked tonight what we'd look like come tourney time. I still predicted Oak #1 and ORU #2 and said you guys beat Utah and darn near beat TT without your beast Craion and w/ basically alot of new pieces. I said, by the end of the year, I believe Craion, DBH, Roundtree, Niles, Hunter and co. will work their way into the 2nd best team in the conference. It...is...early. I am enjoying the heck out of being 6-0 but understand NDSU and UW-Milwaukee are in the near future. Our kids are now suddenly talking about bringing the tradition back and praising the student section. This is the first time we've felt like a real team since D2 days...and I love it, win or lose.

Next up: Sat vs. NDSU They have alot of young talent, similar to us. I expect a battle!

Jacks, as I've already said on your board, I think you have the players and the team to beat NDSU. You have won games against some serious competition. NDSU will have as well, if they can beat you (which I don't think they will). I can imagine you guys finishing fourth in the league without any problem, maybe even third. I still think you have things mixed up with your ranking of Oakland/ORU though.

ORU finishes first. We have the team that I thought we had when I made a crazy prediction at the beginning of the year. We're awesome now. When we get our two injured guys back, we'll be, well . . . better. I think that translates into wins . . . a lot of them. But time will tell, right? In the meantime, thanks for your kind words.

FWIW...last night....U of South Dakota 80 Wyoming 70 SD all-time HS scoring leader, Louie Krogman, scores 29.

I believe that makes the Summit 4-0 the last two years vs. the Mtn West (ORU beat UNM and Utah, SDSU beat Wyo, USD beat Wyo). Also, the last two years the Summit has beat Big Ten, Big XII, PAC-10, Mtn West Champ and WAC Champ. And that with league champ Oakland not getting any big wins.

Four games on the Summit League schedule for opening night - and only one victory by a road team. Nice start for the Eagles.

Interesting match-ups on Saturday's first full slate of Summit play. Home teams will likely be favored in all games, so the big question is which road team, if any, will pull the upset. ORU can really separate itself with a win at IUPUI, whereas all other league contenders could seriously stub their toe by losing at home. I expect home teams to sweep, with the greatest chance for a road win occurring at the Jungle in Indy.

Saturday's games:

UMKC at Oakland

ORU at IUPUI

Southern Utah at IPFW

Centennary at Western Illinois

NDSU at SDSU

TheEagleman thinks that ORU and NDSU can both win on the road tomorrow....don't be surprised if one or both happen....I know the Jags are tough in that bandbox but we are better than IUPUI....I think we will win....and the rivalry between the Bison and Jacks makes that game a total toss up....should be an interesting evening...I have to go out to a Holiday function so i will not be in on the action....TheEagleman will expect a full report when he returns around midnight... ;)

Good day for the Bison.

MBB: NDSU 82 - SDSU 75 (extends winning streak vs. SDSU to 9)

WBB: NDSU 78 - SDSU 71(snaps 10-game losing streak vs. SDSU)

FB: NDSU 42 - Montana State 17 (2nd round playoff win vs. 4-seed)

Better than yesterday

VB: NDSU 0 - Minnesota 3 (21-25, 21-25, 12-25; 1st round NCAA playoffs)

Good day for the Bison.

MBB: NDSU 82 - SDSU 75 (extends winning streak vs. SDSU to 9)

WBB: NDSU 78 - SDSU 71(snaps 10-game losing streak vs. SDSU)

FB: NDSU 42 - Montana State 17 (2nd round playoff win vs. 4-seed)

Better than yesterday

VB: NDSU 0 - Minnesota 3 (21-25, 21-25, 12-25; 1st round NCAA playoffs)

Congrats, the basketball win may put you into contention for one of the top four positions in the Summit in men's basketball. Interesting mini-look at the Summit League as we go back to non-conference for a while.

Saturday Summit league Scores:

Oakland 99

UMKC 62

That seemed like a fairly uncontested match. Oakland was up 60-27 at the half and probably played the bench more in the second half.

IPFW 76

SUU 66

WIU 57

Centenary 51

NDSU 82

SDSU 75

ORU 63

IUPUI 61

Oakland has an absolutely killer schedule over the next 5 games. Four are away and one is on a neutral court. If they pick up a win, they might be pretty pumped. If they don't, they will have another away game at Centenary to get ready for us at the Mabee. I've heard of tough Sutton scheduling, but the stuff that Kampe is doing doesn't seem to make any sense. Well, we'll see what happens. A win or two in the five game stretch against Illinois, Michigan St., Tennessee, Michigan and Ohio St. would help the Summit, but at this point, I honestly can't see it happening. I think the team will be beat up pretty bad by the end of the year.

Not sure what happened to my reply, so I'll be brief.

NDSU deserved the game. They played harder. They had more offensive rebound/putback baskets than I believe I have ever seen. Seriously. Off the top of my head I think they made two 3's the second half and maybe 4 shots outside the paint. They got it up to 11, we came back and tied w/ 6 or so to go, but they just kept answering. They just kicked our tails on the boards, that can't even be said enough times.

We had a great crowd, I imagine 6,000? Nate Wolters had a nice night, pouring in 36. Moss did a good job on Tviedt. We lost rebounding battle bad (-18) and couldn't make 3's (live by...die by).

NDSU is legit. Alot of good young players. Top 5 in Summit (OU, ORU, IUPUI, NDSU, SDSU) are a lock I believe and vastly superior to 6-10. 4-NDSU vs. 5-SDSU at the Summit Tourney might be a lock, unless IUPUI isn't as good as we think.

TheEagleman thinks that ORU and NDSU can both win on the road tomorrow....don't be surprised if one or both happen....I know the Jags are tough in that bandbox but we are better than IUPUI....I think we will win....and the rivalry between the Bison and Jacks makes that game a total toss up....should be an interesting evening...I have to go out to a Holiday function so i will not be in on the action....TheEagleman will expect a full report when he returns around midnight... ;)

Nice call eagleman, the Bison are back this year and playing some good basketball winning their 9th straight game is the series vs SDSU. I knew Sutton's squad would rebound after that slow start to the season, should be a fun year in the Summit.

Hey....Thanks, Bison....I wish I had bet both games.... :P .....NDSU is always tough and that rivalry with the Jacks makes every game a barnburner...but winning 9 in a row has to be in SDSU's heads....they have to be saying...Who's your daddy?... ;)