Baseball Schedule

ORUalum

Nine games at Baylor, Arizona State and San Diego State....geez!... :sweat:

Interesting schedule... Some things that stand out to me:

1. You usually don't see a single game on a weekend like you do with Texas in Austin on a Saturday. That would be a fun road trip (along with the Baylor series to start the season). It will be interesting with the logistics of having Missouri State on Friday (night?) and Texas on Saturday (night?).

2. Only one game with Missouri State this season? What's up with that? It's a great (and inexpensive) series for both teams.

3. At least we get Arkansas at home this season - which should make for a good home draw; however, our home game with Wichita State is a mid-week game so early in the season that it has to be a day game (too cold at that time of the year for a game under the lights).

4. ASU is our Spring Break series; deferring our California trip to the first week in April. That hasn't happened in some time.

VERY solid schedule. It will be a challenge, but I bet the guys we have for the Spring will be equal to the task.

I also have a feeling the Longhorns will circle the date when the Eagles come to down. The Longhorns don't like to lose - and they especially don't like to lose on a Saturday night - and they REALLY don't like to lose to the same team two years in a row.

Basketball season starting - baseball schedule released - great time to be an ORU fan!

I think that the schedule on the site will be adjusted before the season starts. According to Texas' site the ORU game is Tuesday, March 29th and according to Missouri State's site the traditional MSU-ORU schedule of Friday in Tulsa then Saturday and Sunday in Springfield at their nice minor league park. Bethune-Cookman is a solid team and should be a great series in Tulsa. Still waiting to see what SDSU has planned for the conference tournament!?!

VERY solid schedule. It will be a challenge, but I bet the guys we have for the Spring will be equal to the task.

I also have a feeling the Longhorns will circle the date when the Eagles come to down. The Longhorns don't like to lose - and they especially don't like to lose on a Saturday night - and they REALLY don't like to lose to the same team two years in a row.

Basketball season starting - baseball schedule released - great time to be an ORU fan!

I suppose losing is easier on Tuesday nights. In a way, I am a little surprised that we are still on the schedule. 8):up:

TheEagleman thinks the schedule is very challenging.....surprised we don't play Arkansas at least twice....and of course, Coach Golloway and OU still conspicuous by their absense.....come on, Sunny....BE A MAN!!!.... :P

Our pre-conference schedule looks as rigorous as any Major. Problem is our conference schedule is not as strong. Because of that, we probably don't need to have your SIU-Edwardsvilles, etc. on the schedule. Also, it looks like 48 games on the schedule. I'd like to see 53-54 games, especially with the real possibility of a few rain-outs during the season.

TheEagleman counts a 54 game schedule....not sure what the NCAA max is but the number must be close to it....I think you are missing those DHs, Larry..... :geek: