Preseason favorites!

titansforever

ORU girls should be very good this season...TheEagleman can't wait to see them in action when they come to Philly next month!....especially Kevi...... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

TheEagleman will be expecting a full report on the Blue-White Scrimmage....let's hope for a good game and no injuries!.... ;)

The women's team departed from the traditional intrasquad scrimmage and scrimmaged against a team of boys from on campus. It is the 'scout team' that they often play against during practice.

I must say, this may be our most 'intense' women's team. All business on the court, even during a scrimmage against their classmates. An elbow to the mouth, a HARD foul on a breakaway layup...they out-physicalled the guys team in many ways. And, these guys were no chumps. They had some decent players and some size.

I came away impressed. This team is deep. I think this group may have a chance to be really special. And, not one senior on the roster.

The women's team departed from the traditional intrasquad scrimmage and scrimmaged against a team of boys from on campus. It is the 'scout team' that they often play against during practice.

I must say, this may be our most 'intense' women's team. All business on the court, even during a scrimmage against their classmates. An elbow to the mouth, a HARD foul on a breakaway layup...they out-physicalled the guys team in many ways. And, these guys were no chumps. They had some decent players and some size.

I came away impressed. This team is deep. I think this group may have a chance to be really special. And, not one senior on the roster.

Good recap, voice!

Lots of interchangable parts. We just keep running 5-8 to 6-0, long, athletic girls off the bench. Very deep at positions 1-3.

Also seems like a bunch of gym rats. Should be a fun team to watch. It's very early, but seems like the mental make-up of this squad is really solid.

On night's when we are shooting the 3-ball, we could score 125.

At the Courtside Countdown last week, Jerry said the goal this year is to score at least 100 points in every game.

We will see all kinds of junk defenses thrown at us. It will be hard for opponents to prepare for the style we play. If last year is an indicator, a lot of schools will physically/mentally collapse in the last quarter of the game. If our shooting is on.... look out!

So who won the scrimmage?.... :geek:

So who won the scrimmage?.... :geek:

The ladies, by about five point. Men led at times by as much as six or so, but every time the men got a sizable lead, the ladies stepped it up a notch. It wasn't the high pressure run and gun offense we saw last year. I thought the women looked a little tired - probably had already practiced earlier in the day, and also probably hoping to avoid injuries.

The team has a new 6'5" center who looks like she should be a solid defensive and rebounding presence. This team is so guard heavy and it will be interesting to see outside of Jordan Pyle what type of offensive post presence they develop. Savannah Buck looked more confident and aggressive and another year of experience has probably helped her to develop that confidence.

Against SDSU in the championship game last year it was difficult for this team to score during a few stretches because SDSU had some girls with height who also played strong defense. Big 12 and other power conference teams will also have similar players. I think the main challenge for this team will be trying to score consistently against those tougher defensive matchups against whom we may seem a little undersized.

There is no doubt that we have speed and that the guards on this team pass the ball really well. It also seems that there are several good 3-point shooters on this team as there have been in the past. Even though Janae Voelker is no longer on this team, I would love to see this team keep the hard-nosed, tough defensive mindset that will lead to a lot of turnovers and prevent easy baskets.

One weakness of this team last year was that they would get a lot of turnovers but would also give up a lot of easy baskets. Perhaps that is a little unavoidable with the run and gun style but it can put a lot of pressure on the offense as well if they feel like they have to score a lot of points in order to win.