Caleb in the NBA?

NYC Golden Eagle

Will Caleb make it to the NBA?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will Caleb make it to the NBA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I am thankful that he still has another great year ahead of him, but I am wondering what you all think the likelihood of Caleb playing NBA ball is?

Any thoughts?

Caleb has the basket awareness and other tools to play pro somewhere but without a jump shot I doubt he could make it in the NBA.

Guest EagleBackr

...yeah, I'm sure all the coaching staffs at TU, OU and OSU felt the same way when he came out of high school! Caleb has not only proven his doubters wrong at each level of the proverbial ladder; he has blown them away. Don't count him out in the NBA - he might just prove the naysayers wrong once again...

Is there anyone in the Mid-Con who you do think is NBA quality? Kone, Oppland, Day?

Prior to the Mid-Con tourney how sure were you that Rawle Marshall would be NBA quality? Why wasn?t he player of the week more often?

Green is certainly more recognized in his sophomore and junior year than Marshall was in his senior year.

I remember commentators during the USC game saying that Caleb could make it on his rebounding skills.

There was a guy from my hometown, Andrae Patterson, who was a complete and total stud of a forward in high school. He went to play for Knight at Indiana in the late 90s and did pretty well there. He was about two inches taller than Caleb and had a better jump shot. He got drafted early second round by the T'Wolves and I think he spent a year or two at the end of the bench and then maybe a little time in the D-League. He might be playing in Europe now, but I just remembered I thought he was one of the best players ever as a kid (and he really was good) but he couldn't make it in NBA. Caleb has neither the size or as many tools as that guy, so as much as I'd like to see him suit up someday, I doubt it will ever happen. I'd like to see how Caleb performed in the NBA summer leagues though, I think that'd be interesting.

The only NBA type player I see in the Mid-Con at this point is George Hill at IUPUI if he continues to develop over the next two years. Kone will get a shot in the developmental league I believe, but Green and Oppland will end up in Europe or a minor league. Just my guess

Guest Blevins

You're all forgetting one very talented player who has gotten better and better over the last two seasons, and whose best basketball is still probably 3-5 years down the road...

Guest EagleBackr
You're all forgetting one very talented player who has gotten better and better over the last two seasons, and whose best basketball is still probably 3-5 years down the road...

...you talking 'bout "The Freak", Larry Owens?

Guest EagleBackr

...you talking 'bout "The Freak", Larry Owens?

I am thankful that he still has another great year ahead of him, but I am wondering what you all think the likelihood of Caleb playing NBA ball is?

Any thoughts?

I am not thankful at all. Same for Ken Tutt. :wink:

Guest EagleBackr
We've had to deal with....like 9 years of Ali Berdiel

Considering how many years Luke, Andrew and (eventually) Yemi got, we have little room to talk...

• 2 years later...

BUMP

Considering the discussion of Hill in the draft I thought it would be interesting to look back. 

This thread was started in FEB of 06 while Caleb was in his senior year.

Jeez, scraped the mold off that one, didn't ya?

Some of those clowns don't even exist anymore...  :wink: