11:00 a.m. Tip-Off at TU on ESPN

Old Titan

ESPN has announced their official broadcast schedule for their "College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon" on Tuesday, November 16th.

ORU and TU will play at 11:00 a.m. at the Reynolds Center. The game will be broadcast on ESPN, and on the internet at ESPN3 (the old ESPN360).

Here's a link to the press release on the Summit League site:

Oral Roberts Selected For National TV Appearance in ESPN Event

ESPN has announced their official broadcast schedule for their "College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon" on Tuesday, November 16th.

ORU and TU will play at 11:00 a.m. at the Reynolds Center. The game will be broadcast on ESPN, and on the internet at ESPN3 (the old ESPN360).

Here's a link to the press release on the Summit League site:

Oral Roberts Selected For National TV Appearance in ESPN Event

Nice! :clap:

Good luck and beat TU!

The only thing better than beating TU would be beating them on National TV....could happen...... ;)

I have a feeling that the game being shown on ESPN3 will keep even more people in their offices that morning, which will make for a sad showing of fan support on national tv. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

I have a feeling that the game being shown on ESPN3 will keep even more people in their offices that morning, which will make for a sad showing of fan support on national tv. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

Maybe not - for someone to get ESPN3 on their computer at work, their employer must subscribe to internet service from Cox, otherwise it won't work.

Of course, there's always ChannelSurfing.net, but that's another story.... 8)

Thankfully it wasn't our idea...

Thankfully it wasn't our idea...

Yeah, but it's one we should take advantage of: would be nice to have a few hundred ORU fans making some noise in the Reynolds Center on game day.

I doubt you will see too many other venues on that day where the visiting team's fans are noticeable - quite an opportunity for Golden Eagle fans to represent.

Good idea.... we should market it to our fans/ticket holders and try to buy in certain sections. It would be nice to have a decent amount of students show up. Maybe We could get sympathetic profs (or even the administration) to cancel/re-schedule classes around game time.

Hard to believe that ORU won't cancel classes at least early morning until mid afternoon on the day of the TU game so kids can go........in the old days, Oral would have done it......if there are a lot of unsold seats, ORU fans need to be buying them up...... ;)

Richard would have probably gone just short of proclaiming a mandate in Monday's chapel for everyone to attend AND probably would have bought a block of tickets for the students to pick up for free. I don't see Dr. Rutland doing that. I'm fine with it though. Encourage the students to attend if they can, but let the professors decide if they want to excuse game attendees from their class. Students still get around 3 unexcused absences for the semester. If the professor doesn't excuse class, just use one of those. I want to hear from T-Town. As a professor, what are your thoughts on cancelling class for sporting events?

I tend to agree with VCB regarding canceling classes. I had a discussion last spring with a professor who was struggling to get through the necessary information he needed to in his class after one cancellation due to snow and another that occurred related to other activities on campus. As much as we would like to have students there, canceling classes may not be a practical option.

Luckily my kids don't have classes scheduled during that time on tuesdays. I think the amount of classes on a tuesday from 11:00 to 1:00 might not be as much as on a MWF.

I don't like the idea of canceling classes - too many of today's ORU students would simply use it as a day off. I doubt many would even watch the game on TV, much less attend it.

But any student who can show a ticket to the game should definitely be given an excused absence from any class they miss - they're basically doing university business (at their own expense) by representing and supporting the school on national television.

TheEagleman agrees, OT....90% of the kids would just sleep in....if you can produce a ticket, you are excused from classes.....ORU fans need to fill as many of those empty seats as possible.... ;)