Kaye Cowher Passes Away.....

theeagleman5

Kaye Cowher, wife of former Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher passed away after a battle with skin cancer at the young age of 54 yesterday......Bill was one of TheEagleman's favorite all time coaches because of his intensity and love for the game and he did play for the Eagles at the end of his playing career.....maybe now we know why Bill has not taken several lucrative coaching jobs over the past two years....thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Cowher and his family....they have three daughters...... ;(

WOW!! Been traveling this weekend and didn't know this about Kaye Cowher. Bill and Kaye were highly thought of in the Pittsburgh community. The Steelers used to be a client of mine several years ago and had the opportunity to meet Bill a couple of times while I was there. Obviously, I didn't know him too well since I didn't know this situation, but he was always (and is) the consummate gentleman off the field and a great representative of the Rooney family when he was the coach (obviously, he was a fierce and intense competitor on the field). Really sorry to hear about this. It will be interesting to see if Cowher is back on the sidelines next year.