Valpo/ORU Posters' Lunch

tmh8286

I've had two inquiries about whether we were planning a posters' lunch this year for the Valpo game, and I said, Absolutely!!

There wasn't too big of a turnout last year, but it didn't matter, we still had a great time.

Any others interested in getting together with rlh, Stl VU Fan, TD, and maybe some others?

All we really need to do is decide where to meet.

As long as the time doesn't conflict with working the tourney or snuggle time with one of my ladies', I'm in!

Actually, voice, I'm talking about next Saturday, for the regular season Valpo home game.

In the past we've planned them a little bit early (about 11:00, I think) because you and rlh had to be back over to Mabee Center in time to work the women's game.

Any suggestions where you want to go? Last year we did Goldie's, and I think the year before that we did da Boat. That worked pretty well since it was close to Mabee Center.

Actually, voice, I'm talking about next Saturday, for the regular season Valpo home game.

In the past we've planned them a little bit early (about 11:00, I think) because you and rlh had to be back over to Mabee Center in time to work the women's game.

Any suggestions where you want to go? Last year we did Goldie's, and I think the year before that we did da Boat. That worked pretty well since it was close to Mabee Center.

This year there is no women's game on Saturday, the women's game is Monday night. There's also no VU alumni event to go to, so that frees things up considerably for folks like me.

The last time I talked to TD, he said he wasn't going to make the trip on the 25th (He is coming for the tourney the following weekend, however).

My guess is that it will be just me and rlh. I don't know about him, but I'm staying at the Marriot Tulsa Southern Hills as usual.

Anywhere is fine with me, but if whoever is setting it up could please check with the restaurant to see if it is okay for me to bring in my own food and have them heat it up, I would very much appreciate it.

I am on a medically supervised diet and am only allowed to eat the food I buy from DePaul Hospital's Weight-Loss Institute. The entrees come in a simple, microwaveable tray. All they'd have to do is pop it in the microwave for 1 minute each. I can drink water (if they have caffeine-free diet soda, I could drink that too, but no big deal). Anything else I bring I can handle all by myself. It would be a bonus if they could serve my entree(s) to me on a plate, but I can also eat them right out of the tray(s).

Let me know if that is going to be a problem (I've run into one restaurant that refused, but that's it). I can also eat an entree cold right out of the package. A few of them don't taste half bad that way, and that's what I do when I go to a baseball game.

Thanks, I appreciate it, and am looking forward to getting together. Please don't worry too much about eating your food in front of me, mine is quite tasty so I won't feel left out by any means.

Just in case anyone is curious, since the beginning of August I've lost 90 lbs on this program (which also includes weekly classes and checkups by a nurse every week and doctor every other week, monthly blood tests - I'm also type-2 diabetic). The only drawback to it is that it is expensive and for most part not covered by insurance, but that hasn't been a problem for me, thankfully.

Congratulations, SVF! That is a great accomplishment. Once we decide where to meet I'll call and check on that for you.

I"ll bet you're looking a whole lot different than when we saw you last.

I've seen him and he looks good...personally, I think I've gained his lost weight...I'm also staying at the Marriot Southern Hills with the basketball team that weekend, so I'll need a ride unless it's Da Boat....

As StlVuFan stated I will not be traveling to Tulsa for the game on the 25th but will be there for the tourney on the next weekend. But I will very much miss the luncheon.

Congrats, Stl. My mom said when she saw you in Valpo that you must have lost a bunch of weight. I was going to ask you about it when I saw you next.

Anywhere is fine with me, but if whoever is setting it up could please check with the restaurant to see if it is okay for me to bring in my own food and have them heat it up, I would very much appreciate it.

I am on a medically supervised diet and am only allowed to eat the food I buy from DePaul Hospital's Weight-Loss Institute. The entrees come in a simple, microwaveable tray. All they'd have to do is pop it in the microwave for 1 minute each. I can drink water (if they have caffeine-free diet soda, I could drink that too, but no big deal). Anything else I bring I can handle all by myself. It would be a bonus if they could serve my entree(s) to me on a plate, but I can also eat them right out of the tray(s).

Let me know if that is going to be a problem (I've run into one restaurant that refused, but that's it). I can also eat an entree cold right out of the package. A few of them don't taste half bad that way, and that's what I do when I go to a baseball game.

Thanks, I appreciate it, and am looking forward to getting together. Please don't worry too much about eating your food in front of me, mine is quite tasty so I won't feel left out by any means.

Just in case anyone is curious, since the beginning of August I've lost 90 lbs on this program (which also includes weekly classes and checkups by a nurse every week and doctor every other week, monthly blood tests - I'm also type-2 diabetic). The only drawback to it is that it is expensive and for most part not covered by insurance, but that hasn't been a problem for me, thankfully.

THAT'S AWESOME STL!!! We'll make ie work!

How can you go wrong with Goldies? Over the course of my senior year I think I ate at 51st and Lewis more often than I ate at SAGA.

Well just like 2 years ago I have changed my mind & will be at the regular season Valpo/ORU game on the 25th. I just made arrangements & will be arriving at 10:12am at Tulsa International and StlVUfan will be picking me up at the airport. I'm pretty sure we could make an 11am luncheon or just a little later if possible. I promise not to check my bag & can get right off the airplane and into STL's car.

Way to go, TD! Looking forward to seeing you!

Without the women's game being played in the afternoon, we probably won't need to schedule as early. I would think 11:30 or 12:00 would work great, which might take away some of the pressure on you.

Without the women's game being played in the afternoon, we probably won't need to schedule as early.

The women play Centenary at home on Saturday.