Norman Transcript article on Fridays game

Parker228

You're right - it's amusing. Really, the article oozes immaturity. No sports columnist qualified to be writing for a real newspaper would wear his feelings and emotions on his sleeve like that - probably a sophomore journalism frat brat earning a little beer money by baring his soul in the Norman Transcript.

Agreed - it is very poor journalism (if journalism at all), to provide a "warning" that an article will be biased - and then use that as a crutch for everything else stated in the article. The writer lost credibility from sentence one... and butchered what should have been a glowing report of a VERY competitive and exciting baseball game.

I think it speaks volumes that this clown we have never heard of, writing for a little bitty rag no one outside of Norman reads, has been the sports editor for five years.

A nobody going nowhere, content with preaching to the choir.

Apparently, this guy does this for a living- for the Transcript, which is a joke itself.

The worst OU homers are usually the ones that never even stepped foot on the campus... http://www.soonerspectator.com/meetWriter.php?id=chorning

ORU may be the only school in the nation where sports can't just be about sports. I wonder if every school's sports teams should answer for every non-sports related issue? ORU athletics has absolutely nothing to do with any of that.. Even the student writer at UT didn't write an article as ridiculous as this

By the way, Carolina just rallied with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game 6-6.

Wow, what a weird article.

Wasn't even funny.

I thought those kind of articles about ORU were over.

The Norman Transcript? A paper? Never heard of it. Sounds like something out of MAD magazine.

I don't know how you guys put up with all that junk in OK.

http://normantranscript.com/sports/x371473866/A-one-run-game-ORU-comes-up-short

Wow, quite an article on Oral Roberts Univ as a whole.

The writer is so full of OU self righteousness and ORU hate that is funny after you read his "writing" a second time. The first time through your reaction is "did they really print that".

Again, Wow.

Thanks for the warning about the article, together with the link. That way I didn't have to read it twice . . . the only saving grace in connection with that article.

Isn't Guerin Eming (the writer of the ORU-OU game story on Saturday in the Tulsa World) is the sports editor for the Norman Transcript? Eming's story in the TW had a similar but muted tone.... very condenscending.

What does TheEagleman think of this kind of journalism?..... :puke::puke::puke: ......I hope ORU gets another shot at Sonny and OU..... ;)

Isn't Guerin Eming (the writer of the ORU-OU game story on Saturday in the Tulsa World) is the sports editor for the Norman Transcript? Eming's story in the TW had a similar but muted tone.... very condenscending.

Guerin Emig is the Norman-based correspondent for the Tulsa World for all things OU. Not sure if he ever writes for the Norman Transcript. The goofball who wrote this piece of crap calls himself "Sports Editor" of the Transcript on his Twitter account.

These so-called "journalists" might as well be on the OU payroll - total Sooner suck-ups. And based on their remedial writing styles, both would probably be better suited waiting tables at the Interurban.

Righteous Indignation from anyone affiliated with OU??? LOL!

Arguably, the dirtiest college athletic department in the history of college sports...spare us.

TheEagleman hopes that Sonny and his guys get toasted in the Super Regionals next weekends....looks like they might have to play at Louisville?..... :geek:

The funniest thing is OU was released from their latest probation last week:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100601_92_0_NORMAN822318&rss_lnk=92

One line of unintended humor:

'Oklahoma's probation was due to end May 23, but the university and the NCAA are investigating whether the basketball team broke any rules before then.'

Nope...Louisville got beat tonight vs. Vanderbilt.....so I guess OU could be hosting the Commodores in Norman for the Super Regionals..... |(

Nope...Louisville got beat tonight vs. Vanderbilt.....so I guess OU could be hosting the Commodores in Norman for the Super Regionals..... |(

OU was paired with the winner of the Charlottesville regional, which is #1 seed Virginia. OU must travel to their place for the Super Regional.

Oh boy....that will be tough going for Sonny and the Sooners.... ;)

For me....the best part of the entire article was at the end.....

You know.. the section for facebook where it says..

Be the first of your friends to "like" this....LOL.......

Looking at Norman Transcripts Facebook page, it denotes their Mission Statement:

The paper strives to achieve several things as part of its mission:

• To produce quality products of unquestioned credibility and integrity.

• To promote a unique identity and culture for Norman, Cleveland and McClain Counties, differentiating this area from the remainder of the OKC metro.

• To advance the business community in this area, understanding that it is those businesses, and the profits and tax dollars they generate, which support fire, police, roads, public safety and everything from youth sports to the arts in the communities we cover.

• To treat everyone with a sense of respect and fairness.

• To be centrist in our political viewpoints, a friend to neither the right nor the left, but to strive to support what's best, no matter the political ideology.

• To retain our role as the last "mass medium" in our communities, leaving our forums with the widest sense of openness.

I think it is fair to say that Mr. Clay Hornung should be asked by his editor to read the Mission Statement and abide by it.

As of this posting....no one has checked off the "like" button..... Is it Any Wonder?

IRISH

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in about 3 1/2 hours Clemson is going to kick their butts, then tomorrow, South Carolina is going to kick their butts, then they will go back to Norman with their tail between their legs. Always been an OU football fan, but that blog was disgusting.