Summit League Tournament - Session #1

Old Titan

#4 Seed Oakland leads #1 Seed SDSU, 5-1 in the top of the 8th. SDSU as the home team is down to six outs.

Of course, if they hold true to form, the Jackrabbits will rally with 4 runs in the ninth, Vermellion will enter the game in the 10th and throw a couple of scoreless frames, and they will win it in the 11th or 12th.

If this score holds up, makes winning the nightcap tonight even more critical for ORU: don't want to be the team facing the dangerous SDSU line-up on such short turnaround tomorrow afternoon, with the prospect of being "2-and-BBQ" if you lose.

Close to coming true so far-- SDSU plates 3 in the 8th. Score now 5-4 OU... I'm sure more updates will follow if the comeback is completed ;)

SDSU pretty easy to figure out there OT. They've done it this way ALL year. You were right on..... Pretty incredible. OU loses 6-5 in walkoff walk. Grizz played their guts out. SDSU crushes upset dreams.

That's a shame....but no matter, ORU will beat Centenary tonight and have a shot for some revenge tomorrow vs. SDSU....TheEagleman thinks our guys will defend the home turf against the Gents' ace at JKJ.... ;) ....who is our starter?....

Smolen starting for ORU....

Centenary up 2-1, 1 out, Top 2nd

ORU already with 2 errors

Eagles also left bases loaded in bottom of 1st

Close to coming true so far-- SDSU plates 3 in the 8th. Score now 5-4 OU... I'm sure more updates will follow if the comeback is completed ;)

I come on here no matter what. I've been on here the last year when our men's team stunk. I was looking forward to showing my face when Oakland beat us today...but they couldn't hold on.

You have a beautiful baseball stadium. My only complaint is listening on the radio when the ORU team was hitting balls under the left field bleachers. Was Tyler broadcasting from left field or what b/c you could hear everytime the team practicing hit a ball. I was wondering if the "PING!" I was hearing was the team practicing or the actual game.

Best of luck tonight, the Gents ace is a tough one.

Bottom 4th, ORU still down 2-1, Smolen looking pretty good so far

Furmanek huge RBI single, scores Saladino, 2-2 game

Sounds like ORU making Whiting work....he must have already thrown a lot of pitches thru 5 innings?.... :sweat:

I think Geoff said that he was already over 100 pitches, and there was action in the Centenary bullpen.

Sounds like Smolen is outdealing him so far, need for the bats to run Whiting this inning. Bot. 6, still 2-2

And just as I write that, Sowers blasts a solo HR to right, and Whiting walks Colby on 4 balls. 3-2 ORU, 1 on, no outs

Hard to believe he can do more than 6.....we need to get to their bullpen and it will be advantage ORU.... ;)

Smolen has given us 6 dynamite innings thus far....that's a big time effort....how much more can he go?... :up:

ORU wins 4-2, what a game pitched by Bryce Smolen- CG, 11 K's, only 5 hits and 1 ER

Eagles got the runs back when we needed them, but left the bases loaded twice

Congrats Eagles on getting the win, especially since Whiting pitched for the Gents. Should be a great game tomorrow between the Eagles and Jacks.