ESPN.com picks....

SDSUJacks

Summit: Could this be the year that Oral Roberts' run ends? The Golden Eagles are first in the conference and host the conference tournament, but Centenary and South Dakota State are within one game of the leaders. The Jackrabbits just took a series from Oral Roberts, while Centenary gets its shot next week and hopes to make the NCAA tournament before moving down to Division III.

Tempe Regional

No. 2 Arizona State

New Mexico

Pittsburgh

South Dakota State

Could it happen?........dream on........... |(

Could it happen?........dream on........... |(

The fact that SDSU is projected as the next-to-worst seed in the entire 64-team bracket proves what a lot of ORU fans already know: if someone other than ORU represents the Summit League in this year's NCAA baseball tournament, it's not because that particular club is any better than many of the conference foes ORU has vanquished in past seasons - it's simply because ORU is way down from previous years. I frankly can't remember the last time ORU was a #4 seed, but I'm sure that's what we'll be, too, if we manage to qualify this season.

It's laughable how some of the league teams think they have somehow "caught up" to ORU's baseball program this year, just because a couple of close, poorly-played games went their way. It's kinda like running up and clocking poor old Muhammed Ali on the street today, and then crowing "I'm the champ!! I'm the champ!!"

Winning a baseball game by scores like 12-11 is not something you brag about - unless, of course, you've never had any pitching and that's the only way you've ever won games...

The conference tournament in Tulsa this year should really benefit us in a down year.

The fact that SDSU is projected as the next-to-worst seed in the entire 64-team bracket proves what a lot of ORU fans already know: if someone other than ORU represents the Summit League in this year's NCAA baseball tournament, it's not because that particular club is any better than many of the conference foes ORU has vanquished in past seasons - it's simply because ORU is way down from previous years. I frankly can't remember the last time ORU was a #4 seed, but I'm sure that's what we'll be, too, if we manage to qualify this season.

It's laughable how some of the league teams think they have somehow "caught up" to ORU's baseball program this year, just because a couple of close, poorly-played games went their way. It's kinda like running up and clocking poor old Muhammed Ali on the street today, and then crowing "I'm the champ!! I'm the champ!!"

Winning a baseball game by scores like 12-11 is not something you brag about - unless, of course, you've never had any pitching and that's the only way you've ever won games...

ORU was last a 4 seed in 2003 at Texas A&M... Sunny's final season.

The best thing about having no trophies in the case is that it makes room to proudly display clippings of projected events.

Hey, remember last year's Waco Regional?: 2009 Rivals Regional Projections

Waco Regional

1. Baylor

2. TCU

3. Ole Miss

4. Centenary

Funny, even with the struggles on the mound and on defense we still score 40 runs last weekend. In a very, very, very down year for ORU, I'll take the mulligan of getting to play the tournament at JLJ.

ORU was last a 4 seed in 2003 at Texas A&M... Sunny's final season.

It's a testament to the ORU program that the Golden Eagles are annually considered a #2-#3 Seed, but that their presumed conqueror this season is considered bottom of the barrel.

SDSU's projected #63 spot clearly proves that they (or Centenary, or Southern Utah, or whoever) are mere pretenders to ORU's typical level of status, in what is obviously a low-water year in the Summit League.

The fact that SDSU is projected as the next-to-worst seed in the entire 64-team bracket proves what a lot of ORU fans already know: if someone other than ORU represents the Summit League in this year's NCAA baseball tournament, it's not because that particular club is any better than many of the conference foes ORU has vanquished in past seasons - it's simply because ORU is way down from previous years.

I look at it as us getting the new kid on the block treatment, like we did in the football playoffs and like our women have in the NCAA's. In football we had to travel to #1 Montana (who had lost like 3 games at home in 5 years) despite us being top 10 ourselves. Our women had the second best record in the nation, top-25 all year and rated 14 at the time of the NCAA's, yet, we get sent to Texas to play in a bracket w/ 3 other Texas teams and get a 7 seed.

I guess I don't remember even once, anywhere, claiming we've caught up to ORU. We beat ORU 3 times, Arkansas, Minnesota 3 times, Iowa, Air Force, etc. It's more than just blindly bumbling through a couple close games. This SDSU team is good. Combine that w/ the fact that ORU is in a down year and we might just have a chance....maybe. Do I expect this every year? No way. I think if Ritchie stays we'll be respectable/good/sometimes very good. But to expect our northern located baseball program, which takes a major backseat to football and men's/women's bball is silly.

I'll take a 12-11 win by our new D1 program over the conference power any year, let alone handing them their first series loss in 12 years. Some of you might view that statement as smack, it is just the opposite.

Sunny who?..... |(

But to expect our northern located baseball program, which takes a major backseat to football and men's/women's bball is silly.

Huh??? :^):^):^)

This is becoming the Twilight Zone.... |(

Huh??? :^):^):^)

I meant to say to expect SDSU baseball to grow into a power, given our location and the fact that football and M & W hoops is king here, is unrealistic. We have won 30 games for the second time in two years though.

I know, I know.... |-)|-)|-)|-)|-)|-)|-)|-):P

Don't worry. There isn't anybody, anywhere expecting that.

"The last word".

(Gee, wonder if that will stick...) |(

Never!! :P

I thought there was a message board agreement of completely ignoring the troll?

I've always said on here, if you hate me so much, just skip over my posts. If you feel I'm only on here to try to upset you, then the best way to combat that is to ignore me, or, as Christ taught, turn the other cheek. If I were a troll I would've been on here puffing out my chest when our men hoops, womens hoops or baseball team scored big wins. I didn't. I'm as much a "troll" as many on here are "Christians".