ORU Coaches' Luncheon - May 25th

ORUTerry

MARK YOUR CALENDAR: ORU COACHES' LUNCHEON MAY 25TH!

Join us at First Watch Cafe on May 25th for the 2010 ORU Coaches Luncheon, featuring ORU men's and women's basketball coaches Scott Sutton and Jerry Finkbeiner.

The luncheon runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on Tuesday, May 25th, with the coaches program beginning at noon. First Watch Cafe is located at 81st & Lewis in The Plaza Shopping Center. The all-inclusive price for lunch is just $10.

Coach Sutton and Coach Finkbeiner will be covering a wide range of topics, including a recap of this past season, prospects for the coming school year, fall and spring recruiting, scheduling for this coming season, and the like. They will also take questions from the audience.

Schedule permitting, a coach from the ORU baseball team will also be on hand to discuss their season and the upcoming Summit League baseball tournament in Tulsa.

Reservations are not required, but please let us know (e-mail: terryblain@cox.net) if you plan to attend so that First Watch can plan accordingly for the estimate.

We look forward to seeing you on May 25th - GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

• 2 weeks later...

Terry, if not already you'll want to make sure this gets posted on the Men's Bball board as well. Sounds great. See you there

• 2 weeks later...

Baseball Coach Rob Walton has confirmed that he will be speaking at Tuesday's luncheon - you'll want to be there to hear him, along with Coach Fink and Coach Sutton.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Coach Walton has to say about the topsy-turvy year that his team has had. Combine his dry wit and slow manner of speaking, and he's always very entertaining. I'm sure he'll have some very amusing observations about the situation the team finds itself in.

One thing I didn't know about until today - the winner of the regular season championship in baseball hosts the tournament the following season!! That means that next year that Summit League Baseball Championship will be played in Brookings!! I'm sure that Coach Walton will have some choice words to say about that!! I wonder if they will set up FOUR tents down the baselines for the four teams being hosted -- it could happen . . . |(

I'm looking forward to hearing what Coach Walton has to say about the topsy-turvy year that his team has had. Combine his dry wit and slow manner of speaking, and he's always very entertaining. I'm sure he'll have some very amusing observations about the situation the team finds itself in.

One thing I didn't know about until today - the winner of the regular season championship in baseball hosts the tournament the following season!! That means that next year that Summit League Baseball Championship will be played in Brookings!! I'm sure that Coach Walton will have some choice words to say about that!! I wonder if they will set up FOUR tents down the baselines for the four teams being hosted -- it could happen . . . |(

Wait just a minute - we TIED for the regular season championship - and only lost the #1 seed based upon a tie-breaker system. Does the #1 seed host the following year - or the regular season champion? If it's the latter, I certainly hope that the League office will break the tie based upon the ability to host the tournament at a location with adequate facilities.

Wait just a minute - we TIED for the regular season championship - and only lost the #1 seed based upon a tie-breaker system. Does the #1 seed host the following year - or the regular season champion? If it's the latter, I certainly hope that the League office will break the tie based upon the ability to host the tournament at a location with adequate facilities.

Correct post but wrong place - I'm moving this discussion over to the baseball board.