Shockers can’t overcome troubles with Oral Roberts

ORUTerry

(excerpt)

BY PAUL SUELLENTROP

The Wichita Eagle

Shocker report

There is one team guaranteed to throw up a roadblock to Wichita State momentum. No matter the timing. Oral Roberts almost always makes the Shockers look below average.

That trend continued in Tuesday’s 6-4 loss, a game with a spring-training feel provided by frequent pitching changes. Neither team plays today. Both teams need to win their conference tournaments, and both auditioned a load of pitchers for more important games.....

Link to Full Story

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/05/04/129964 ... z0n3gSkqBw

They have several pictures on the ssite - but I don't know how to paste them in. You will have to go to the Wichita Eagle story to see them.

Man what a strange field. All the areas where there should be dirt are actually dirt-colored turf - even the batter's box! Must be weird to slide into a base or home plate and be sliding on turf, but I guess it works. Wonder how hot it gets playing infield on that turf on an afternoon in June?

Here's one of the pics for Terry and an illustration of what OT is talking about:

050410wsuoru_jt1.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.JPG

Man what a strange field. All the areas where there should be dirt are actually dirt-colored turf - even the batter's box! Must be weird to slide into a base or home plate and be sliding on turf, but I guess it works. Wonder how hot it gets playing infield on that turf on an afternoon in June?

Can you say "TURF BURN"!!!!!!

Beating Wichita State is nice...but beating SDSU and Centenary will be better....yes, the #1 seed in the Summit Tournament makes the road a lot easier.....let's pray that our pitching holds up the next two weekends!.... ;)

Just like our indoor facility...all turf - even the brown stuff - no dirt.