Prayers for lost miners

tmh8286

You may have heard in today's news about a couple of miners that are missing after the roof of the mine they were working in fell in. This come on the heels of the larger disaster that occurred last month that killed 29. This one strikes a little closer to home, because the mine that this accident occurred in was locally owned, by Alliance Resource Partners. The reason I bring this up on the message board is that there are numerous ORU grads working for Alliance, including some of the most ardent and faithful supporters of ORU athletics. Not only that, but the owner of the company, Joe Craft, is a close personal friend of our Athletic Director, Mike Carter, and is a friend and benefactor of ORU athletics.

Please pray for these miners, that they will be found safely, for their families, that are no doubt worried and frightened beyond belief, and for those in this company, particularly those with ORU ties, that are fraught with anxiety over the prospect of losing some of their own.

Lord, we pray for the safety of these men....and for you to comfort their families during this incredibly difficult time....TheEagleman Expects a Miracle!

Thanks for the prayer, Eagleman, but unfortunately the bodies of the two missing miners have been recovered. Please continue to pray for their families and those in charge of the company. This is a hard time for all involved.

I've been frustrated all day over the coverage of this story by Fox News, who has chosen to focus on the safety citations that have been imposed at the mine, which, from what I hear, are absolutely impossible to avoid. The Tulsa World actually did a much more balanced and responsible presentation of what happened. Here's a recap of this tragic story:

Two die in rock fall at coal mine owned by Tulsa company