Baseball Fields Around the Summit League - Thunderberd Park

tmh8286

With most of us not having the chance to visit other Summit League baseball venues, and with all the tools we have at our disposal for checking them out on the internet, I thought I'd post info, as time permits, about the baseball fields that our team visit. First is the field that this weekend's series is being played on, Thunderbird Park. I was unable to find any pictures or info on Thunderbird Park on the school web site, so all these pictures come from Google Earth.

First, an aerial view of Cedar City, with the sports complex near the center. You can see the close proximity of Interstate 15 to the west of campus. I believe Geoff has mentioned this in his broadcasts:

thunderbirdfield1.jpg

The Thunderbird Sports Complex:

thunderbirdfield2.jpg

Thunderbird Park:

thunderbirdfield3.jpg

thunderbirdfield4.jpg

thunderbirdfield5.jpg

Street view down third base line - you can see the snow-capped peaks south of Cedar City in the distance:

thunderbirdfield6.jpg

Street view down first base line:

thunderbirdfield7.jpg

I might add that Geoff has some REALLY nice shots of the field from yesterday posted over on Twitter. I might ask him if I can move a couple of them over to this thread . . . ;)

Any word on how ORU is doing today in the DH at SUU?... :geek:

ORU won the first game - I can't tell you the precise score, but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-8. I'll see if I can find the exact score somethere.

ORU is behind by one run in the fourth in the second game, 5-4 I think.

Any word on Game 2 of the DH?....did we lose?.... :sweat: