Empowered 21

MrsSmith

This weekend ORU is hosting the Empowered 21 conference. It has been really great. Tomorrow night they are opening up the general session to the public. So if you're in town you should come out at 7:00 pm.

http://www.empowered21.com/

This weekend ORU is hosting the Empowered 21 conference. It has been really great. Tomorrow night they are opening up the general session to the public. So if you're in town you should come out at 7:00 pm.

http://www.empowered21.com/

Which would explain why I was one of only about 50 people at Saturday night's baseball nightcap at Johnson Stadium.

Seriously: it was me, Mike Moore, his guest Scott Sanderson (former Oakland A's teammate), a few wives/family members/girlfriends of the ORU players and coaches, and about 8 people following Oakland.

You know it's a slow night when the "Baseball Bingo" winner comes in the next-to-last inning - and it's a Golden Grizzly mom.

But that's OK - I had a very nice time sitting in my "President's Office" box seat behind home plate. 8)

Which would explain why I was one of only about 50 people at Saturday night's baseball nightcap at Johnson Stadium.

Seriously: it was me, Mike Moore, his guest Scott Sanderson (former Oakland A's teammate), a few wives/family members/girlfriends of the ORU players and coaches, and about 8 people following Oakland.

You know it's a slow night when the "Baseball Bingo" winner comes in the next-to-last inning - and it's a Golden Grizzly mom.

But that's OK - I had a very nice time sitting in my "President's Office" box seat behind home plate. 8)

Left in the fourth inning of the second game after spending nearly six hours at JLJ Saturday, OT. The second game WAS very poorly attended. But there were more at the earlier game. Both games had some very loooong innings.

Left in the fourth inning of the second game after spending nearly six hours at JLJ Saturday, OT. The second game WAS very poorly attended. But there were more at the earlier game. Both games had some very loooong innings.

Must have passed you on the way out: I got there in the fourth, following my daughter's performance in a church talent show. It was the only time I had all weekend to catch any baseball action! :P

I sent a text message to Mr. Haxton at 8:45 to ask him who won the second game. He told me it was still going on in the top of the 7th!! Good thing that the game was a seven-inning game!! It could have gone another hour the way this season has gone. Oakland tried to rally in the seventh, but was cut off by a 6-4-3 double play by the good guys. Getting something to eat after 9:00 was probably not on the schedule for the players or the families that stuck around.

Hard to believe anyone would pass up ORU baseball for that Empowering BS.....what a crock.... |(|(|(

Hard to believe anyone would pass up ORU baseball for that Empowering BS.....what a crock.... |(|(|(

I disagree, Eagleman. These were quality ministers from around the world brought together by ORU, i.e. Dr. Rutland, and Mart Green. No fly-by-nights in this program!

While I may not agree with every with every word spoken this weekend (I didn't attend, but did watch a couple of the speakers on KBEB), this deal wasn't a crock. :geek:

Hope she won!! ;)

Thanks, tmh. It was a youth group fundraiser; no prizes given - but she certainly would have got my vote! :clap:

I heard that Empowered 21 was great!

I wasn't there but saw some of it on television.

Hoping to hear more good reports out of Tulsa!