Oakland Game #1

Old Titan

Final?

10-0 Eagles. Smolen gets the win. We were there for the first couple innings, then had to go to a basketball tournament game. I've got to say, the night was BEAUTIFUL. There was a slight breeze, but the air temp was nice. The field looked spectacular - the emerald green grass contrasted against the brick red infield was just perfect. Except for the small patches of wear evident in the outfield where the fielders play, the grass is a thick carpet of green. It truly couldn't look more lovely.

I was thinking about this tonight - with the new fencing enclosing the outfield, the new scoreboard, the new paint and repairs done to the outside of the stadium, the new padding behind home plate and new netting, the facilities at JLJ are becoming as beautiful as the field itself. It's really a place to be proud of.

One thing I failed to mention - last night as the game proceeded there was suddenly a beautiful glow high in the sky, appearing more or less over home plate from where I sit. It appeared suddenly, almost immediately broke int several pieces, and lit the sky with a greenish yellow glow. It may have been a meteorite, because I know they can break up like that, but my guess, based on the color of the glow, is that it was "space junk", some old satellite or something re-entering the atmosphere.

All I know is that for a second or two it gave everyone on the first base side a spectacular show. I'm sure all those on the third base side were left wondering what all the oohing was about. No mention of it today in the paper that I can find.

TheEagleman was away Friday and Saturday and behind the plate all day doing a 15 yr old doubleheader but returns happy to see that ORU swept Oakland this weekend....all is right in the world again as we are 4-0 in the Summit League....congrats to Coach Walton and the good guys for coming back with 5 in a row after that lost Easter weekend!.... :clap::clap::clap:

The good news from today's game is that the team has two new pitchers!! Jameson Dunn pitched very good for 7 innings. He will be the #1 pitcher in the rotation after being out for the first half of the season. Oakland pitched a very good pitcher today in an attempt to try and steal a game out of the series and Jameson was able to perform to expectation. It will still take him a couple of outings to get the rust off, but he looked very good today.

Also, Dallas Beeler pitched one inning and did remarkably well. Beeler is coming off Tommy John surgery from last June and was on a strick pitch count for today's outing. He loaded the bases with three straight singles and an earned run scored on a muffed play at first. Dallas then went on to strike out the side with the next three batters leaving the bases loaded. Beeler hit 91 MPH on the gun during his inning of pitching.

After getting his ERA to 27.00 earlier this season, Sean Johnson has settled in as the closer of choice for the team.

Both Dunn and Beeler should contribute greatly to the team's future games. If we can get on a roll through the remainder of the season, the Regionals should be an interesting weekend for the good guys.

BTW, for you who are in the Tulsa area, there are only two weekend series and this Tuesday's game with UALR left in the season. You need to take the opportunity to come see the Golden Eagles and enjoy some weather before you miss out!! :!:

Nice to see both pitchers back in action. The extra depth will certainly be beneficial. Now we just need to get our bats going.