Baseball America: Upset of the week and Sunny remembers ORU

ORUTex

Baseball America has a long article on the Texas-OU series this weekend. They only mention ORU's win in a quote from Sunny:

Golloway knows exactly what to expect from the Longhorns.

"I know that Augie is going to come in with the power arms, playing small ball," he said. "You kind of live by the sword, you die by the sword. I saw (Tuesday) night where my old Oral Roberts club got him 3-2. He bunted a couple guys up but they couldn't get the key hit, and that's the key against Texas. You've just got to try to minimize the damage and keep that leadoff hitter off base."

Not really positive or negative, just kind of interesting to hear him mention it.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/weekend-preview/2010/269750.html

I also just noticed this in BA's blog from last Wednesday:

Upset of the day:

In Austin, Oral Roberts toppled No. 7 Texas, 3-2. ORU starter Mark Guest (5.2 IP, 6 H, 1 ER) and reliever Jeff Burleson (3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER) held down the Longhorns' offense, and the Golden Eagles broke a 2-2 tie on Jared Schlehuber's pinch-hit solo homer in the eighth.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/?p=2964

"My old Oral Roberts club"?

Give me freaking break, you pretentious blowhard.

If you're going to somehow try to associate yourself with ORU 's 2010 baseball team eight years after you flew the coop, you're an even bigger horse's ass than I thought you were.

I for one would prefer you refer to us as "Larry Cochell's old ballclub". Or even "Lavoy Hatchett's old ballclub".

But not your old club.

Because unlike you, this bunch has actually beaten the Longhorns this year.

By the way - nice analysis on how to beat Texas.

Too bad you just can't seem to figure out how to score against Texas.

Sunny didn't leave many warm feelings back with the fans of his "old Oral Roberts club". ORU's win at Texas is what makes this weekend's losses so perplexing. We've gotten hammered by a team that has struggled on the road; we've not been able to hit pitchers who've not been able to win.

Yet we win at Texas, for the first time in 27 years? What's up with that. Baseball is a mysterious game.

Good stuff by OT.... :clap:

Typical reason why NOONE likes this guy. Everything he has associated himself with is HIS. Not about the program before him or after him, but about HIM. Good riddance Sunny. FOREVER and EVER!!!

Typical reason why NOONE likes this guy. Everything he has associated himself with is HIS. Not about the program before him or after him, but about HIM. Good riddance Sunny. FOREVER and EVER!!!

Is he taking credit for our performance against Missouri State, too?

Didn't think so: the only team that had a worse weekend than us, was the Sooners - three straight shut-outs at the hand of the Longhorns in Norman.