Classic picks from the Texas message boards

tmh8286

Oral Roberts? Seriously? Man we are probably overranked in baseball too...

And to top it off, we are the only upset in the entire Top 25 tonight.

Everyone else took care of business and most did so convincingly against inferior competition. Congrats to Oral Bob. They deserved it.

(Only positive thing said about ORU on five message boards I visited.)

We can say oh we didnt do this or didnt' to that but should we really even have to bring our A game to beat Oral Roberts? I can see losing to a good team but they barely are above .500. Our C game should be good enough. Our softball team should beat them.

Its pretty sad when I have to brag about swimming and diving. At least we have that...for now

As I recall, ORU stomped us in '83 shortly before we won it all, so this may be a good omen.

"We should bring our A game every time we play."

Eh. It just doesn't happen in baseball. Especially midweek games against "lesser" schools which amount to nothing more than extended practices. [ :puke: ]

If this game really upsets the tone of the team for conference play and our seeding in the NCAA CWS, I'd be surprised. The lack of production on offense gives them something to work on for the weekend.

All will be forgiven if we can sweep ou.

TheEagleman is Glad to know that last night was just an "extended practice"...... |(:puke:|(

Sounds about right for 'Horns fans-- "Extended practice" for them, and "World Series elimination game" for us.

Also, ORU threw our ace and we never have to play a weekend series...and the sun was in their eyes ;(

A loss is a loss. Deal with it Texas ]:)