ORU at Texas preview from UT website

ORUTex

HUGE win tonight. Winning in Austin is an incredible feat - it just doesn't happen! Way to hang in there, guys!

HUGE win tonight. Winning in Austin is an incredible feat - it just doesn't happen! Way to hang in there, guys!

So true, so true, Blue!! I believe that Geoff said Texas was ranked ninth coming into tonight's game. I tried to check that out before posting, just to make sure, and found that BaseballAmereica.com has them ranked seventh. So tonight was a really big win. The team really seems to be coming around. That's three wins over ranked teams in a week. Now if we can just knock off Missouri State a couple of times (or more) this weekend we should be in great shape.

One other thing - this moves the Eagles above .500 on the season, which is a good thing. ;)

Hard to believe that ORU beat the Longhorns after 27 yrs of frustration....it's stunning especially the way this team was playing just one week go.....last Tuesday we sat at 5-10 after a complete weekend humiliation at UCLA....now we are 11-10 with a six game win streak including 2 over Wichita St. and now a win over mighty Texas.....first the ORU men's and women's basketball teams showed tremendous heart all season in the face of adversity....now this baseball team is doing likewise....TheEagleman is for once utterly speechless....what can I say?...... :clap::clap::clap:

Orugoldeneagles says it has been 27 years (1983) since beating Texas. Big win, big momentum builder.

If I'm not mistaken, that 1983 game was in Tulsa, as I believe I was in attendance at JLJ that night. Before tonight, we had only beaten the Longhorns twice, which begs the question - had we EVER won in Austin before???

Answered my own question... According to the online media guide, ORU's ONLY two wins against Texas in their long history occurred in Tulsa on consecutive nights May 2 and 3, 1983 (and, I believe the starting Longhorn pitchers in the 1983 games were Calvin Schiraldi and Roger Clemens). So, tonight's win was ORU's first EVER victory over Texas in Austin. HISTORIC! :clap:

Answered my own question... According to the online media guide, ORU's ONLY two wins against Texas in their long history occurred in Tulsa on consecutive nights May 2 and 3, 1983 (and, I believe the starting Longhorn pitchers in the 1983 games were Calvin Schiraldi and Roger Clemens). So, tonight's win was ORU's first EVER victory over Texas in Austin. HISTORIC! :clap:

Have they EVER let anyone out of that stadium with a win before?? I'd be SHOCKED if they had!! :geek:

With ELIve down last night, out of curiosity, how many were able to listen to Geoff's broadcast of the game last night?

I was able to listen in via radio on 1550, but the signal was weak, and throughout most of the game Geoff's call was in competition with a preacher shouting out his message and a Mexican band playing marimba music!! :rofl: