North Dakota U. vs. ORU....

theeagleman5

Game 1....ORU up 3-0 in the bottom of the 5th...Bowen with a no hitter thru 5.....what's gotten into our pitching this week?....whatever....TheEagleman likes it!.... :up:

Thanks for the update, Eagleman. My only access to game updates tonight is via the message board - so I appreciate the good news!

3-2 ORU now in the bottom 6th but Bowen still has a no hitter....go figure....we need a few more runs here.... :sweat:

5-3 ORU in the 7tn....UND has 1 hit and 3 runs....Bowen left after 5 2/3 innings of no hit ball.....Guest is pitching now and has given up the only hit..... :sweat:

Yeah....the good guys have gone nuts....still batting in the 8th with a 12-4 lead.....lots of fireworks tonight at JLJ.... :)

ORU wins 12-4....great pitching by Bowen tonight....5+ innings of no hit ball.....14 hits for the good guys....TheEagleman is looking forward to some on site reports..... ;)

Seth Furmanek answers in the bottom of the 4th with his 5th HR of the season to tie the game at 2. We definitely do NOT want to be the 2nd victim of a 1-10 Sioux ballclub!

Sequeira and Furmanek both go yard on back-to-back pitches to give the Eagles a 4-2 lead in the 6th.

Furmanek is the man with 2 long balls today....4-2 ORU in the 7th now....we need a sweep!... ;)

4-4 und has tied the game....ORU needs a few runs in the 8th now.... :sweat:

Good guys plate one in the 8th...ORU up 5-4 as we head to the 9th....let's go bullpen!... :worried:

ORU wins game two by 5-4!....4 wins in a row for the good guys!...... :clap:

Small crowd on a blustery day at JLJ, but the boys in BLUE got the job done!! I've got to admit I was a little nervous after ORU hit the two HRs in the sixth, then UND responded with two runs of their own. Breathed a little sigh of relief when I think it was Saladino's sac fly brought in the go ahead run. Thankfully Smolen had enough left to go three up three down in the top of the ninth.

BTW, this is the third game this week where ORU pitchers have gone the distance. Congrats on that.