This Week at JLJ . . .

tmh8286

ORU leads 3-0 heading to 6th inning of Game 2

Sounds like Burleson is cruising so far-- 7 K's, no walks, and only 3 hits

Can we hang on???

Bottom of the eighth, ORU up 5-1, bases loaded, one out. New Shocker pitcher even as we speak.

Eagles win! 8-1

Back to back complete games for an ORU starter :clap:

Rob Walton now 11-3 vs. Gene Stephenson, still undefeated at JLJ :o

Wow!....What a comeback from the dead after that horrendous weekend in LA.....shows that ORU has some character pounding ranked Shockers twice....and two excellent pitching outings....another very good sign.......TheEagleman will hop back on the bandwagon for now.... :P

Gene Stevenson is still at WSU?....wasn't he in some trouble up there a couple years ago for some off the field issues?....what happended with that?... :!:

Gene Stevenson is still at WSU?....wasn't he in some trouble up there a couple years ago for some off the field issues?....what happended with that?... :!:

There are probably people on the board that are more familiar with the Gene Stephenson story, but I am aware of two stories that got him a little extra attention. One was when he accepted the head coaching position at OU left open when Cochelle resigned after indiscreet remarks. A day later he reneged, and returned to Wichita State. This was in 2005, I believe, and his change of heart opened the door for Sunny Golloway to take over the helm at OU.

The other was a more serious incident back in 1999 involving a Wichita State player throwing a ball at an unsuspecting opposing player, hitting him square in the face and essentially ending his baseball career. Here's an article with a few more details.

TMH....I remember those two situations with Stevenson but maybe I am thinking of the wrong college baseball coach....sorry to single out Coach Stevenson if I am wrong...but who was the college baseball coach who got into some trouble with one of the female members of the university athletic office?...i thought is was the WSU coach....am i wrong?... :$

TMH....I remember those two situations with Stevenson but maybe I am thinking of the wrong college baseball coach....sorry to single out Coach Stevenson if I am wrong...but who was the college baseball coach who got into some trouble with one of the female members of the university athletic office?...i thought is was the WSU coach....am i wrong?... :$

I can't rule that out, eagleman. I just don't think it's in my memory banks!

An individual accused him of stalking and attempted to get a restraining order against him. The matter was settled out of court. No details of the settlement were released.

Wow!....What a comeback from the dead after that horrendous weekend in LA.....shows that ORU has some character pounding ranked Shockers twice....and two excellent pitching outings....another very good sign.......TheEagleman will hop back on the bandwagon for now.... :P

Why would you be off the bandwagon?

TheEagleman never was off the bandwagon....just a small shot at one member who called me a "fair weather fan"....TheEagleman just calls it as he sees it....and I am sure that Coach Walton would agree that our performance last weekend in LA was embarassing....still, the good guys showed a lot of character coming home and getting these two games vs Wichita St.....it's amazing what excellent pitching will do for a club....we know these guys can hit....hopefully, some of our hurlers get healthy and we can feast on our Summit League foes....but it sounds like SDSU will come to play this year....I like the challenge.... ;)

You want to talk about off the bandwagon, then check out the WSU message board. A bunch of people on there totally disgusted with their team. Some are saying that they won't be following Shocker games any more this season. Brother!!

After two excellent wins over the Shockers this weekend, ORU's RPI jumped from around 117 to 81. That was a nice little jump!