ORU at UCLA game 3....

theeagleman5

So much for the luck on the first two threads....maybe a 3rd will be the charm....hopefully the ORU bats come out of mothballs today and our pitching is decent.....the Bruins threw their two studs at us in the first 2 games...maybe we can get to their 3rd starter this afternoon....at this point, coming back 1-2 would be cause for a parade..... :sweat::worried::sweat:

To update the links I posted in the first UCLA thread, here's the scoop:

3:00 PM local time start

Radio Broadcast Link

Game Three GameTracker

I must say, I've actually kind of enjoyed their radio guy, except when he gets all excited at ORU's calamity. To me he sounds like a small-town baseball guy, down to earth, average voice, a guy that loves baseball and loves talking about it. Considering the program, the location and all that, I would have expected a highly polished, highly professional, Vin Scully- type announcer. Instead, the guy sounds very mid-America to me.

At least we are competitive so far today....2-0 still in the 4th.....our bats have been silent all weekend....time for a wake up call.... :clap::clap::clap:

Five runs for UCLA in the bottom of the fourth. Mark Guest on the mound for ORU; he's in for Smolen, I believe. I've been in and out of listening to the game, and haven't kept up with all the details.

UCLA doing everything to perfection, making ORU seem bumbling. Very frustrating to listen when ORU is struggling. I know we're better than we're playing in this series. The UCLA radio announcer is in the habit of calling the game a "laugher" after they break it open, which is really hard to take.

Wheels comming off in the 4th, ORU down 6-0. UCLA is making this look more like a 40+ softball league rather than a competitive D-1 game. I keep waiting for these guys to come out with a BIG game, I hope we're ready for conference play because SDSU isn't going to hand us the championship.

Comedy of errors - ORU gets lead-off batter on base, but batter was out of order! The announcer is incredulous - and rightly so!! Who's responsible for that mistake? Aren't there any coaches keeping track of such things to keep air headed players from making mistakes??? The error was caught by the UCLA coaching staff. Pretty embarrassing, and painfully detrimental in a game that is already getting out of reach.

It happens to the best of them every year or two. It's typically at the beginning of an inning, especially if a runner gets picked off or thrown out stealing for the last out of the previous inning, and everyone forgets that the guy who was batting when the previous inning ended also leads off the next inning with a fresh count.

Just got back from a brief meeting, and find the game over, UCLA winning 9-1. So UCLA goes to 16-0, and, according to their announcer, only UCLA and Arizona remain undefeated around the country.

As the announcer is running through the stats for the game he is respectful of ORU, not making any cheap shots or degrading remarks - but the stats themselves do that. They make ORU sound like a very mediocre team, unfortunately. Let's hope that we're going through some growing pains, and that we'll be able to watch this team grow as the season progresses.

On a brighter note, ORU returns to the friendly confines of JLJ on Tuesday, to play Wichita State. I've been predicting thunderstorms on Tuesday for a week, but the weatherman says it will be sunny and 70 that day. So it looks like we'll get our first home game in with the Shockers in the past several seasons.

Just got back from a brief meeting, and find the game over, UCLA winning 9-1. So UCLA goes to 16-0, and, according to their announcer, only UCLA and Arizona remain undefeated around the country.

As the announcer is running through the stats for the game he is respectful of ORU, not making any cheap shots or degrading remarks - but the stats themselves do that. They make ORU sound like a very mediocre team, unfortunately. Let's hope that we're going thought some growing pains, and that we'll be able to watch this team grow as the season progresses.

On a brighter note, ORU returns to the friendly confines of JLJ on Tuesday, to play Wichita State. I've been predicting thunderstorms on Tuesday for a week, but the weatherman says it will be sunny and 70 that day. So it looks like we'll get our first home game in with the Shockers in the past several seasons.

It's gonna be awfully wet on Tuesday with all this snow - wonder if they'll reschedule the game to a later date.

I hope they do - we probably need some practice time right now.

After a quick check of the stats, I believe the last time we played Wichita State at JLJ was in 2006. It's about time we got a shot at them at home . . . ;)

It's gonna be awfully wet on Tuesday with all this snow - wonder if they'll reschedule the game to a later date.

I hope they do - we probably need some practice time right now.

Problem with snow is that it really leaves the ground soggy - even more so than rain. Will we have yet another reschedule/cancellation this year? In the laast three years, OT, all games have been rescheduled to Wichita. :(

41-7 in a weekend series? Just curious, has there ever been a worse differential than this? Hope they can turn the corner and soon.

41-7 in a weekend series? Just curious, has there ever been a worse differential than this? Hope they can turn the corner and soon.

I was wondering the same thing, Larry. Not sure we have access to all historic scores, but I'll do some checking and see what I can find.

I was able to go back as far as 2001 on orugoldeneagles.com, and the closest that I could find was 25-10 in a series last year against Cal State Fullerton. That was the next closest over the past nine years.

Others losing series (not complete) from Media Guide:

23-2 at Minnisota in 2000

33-14 at Texas in 1997

38-14 at Missouri in 1995

21-1 at Dallas Baptist in 1990

In a quick scan of our games going back to 1990 these are the most lop-sided sweeps I could find. It was a pretty easy task, because ORU hasn't been swept, even in road series, all that many times.

here here bogus!!

It will get much much better.

I do wish I would've waited to pull the trigger on that four seed talk a month ago. Shhh. Don't tell anybody.. :x

Yeah, let's look at the bright side....hopefully, this past weekend was rock bottom...let's get read for Wichita St....it's gonna be sunny and 60 today and up to 70 tomorrow in Tulsa...all your wet weather has come here in the east....JLJ should be in good shape for this big series.... ;)