ORU at Missouri State....NIT/Predictions......

theeagleman5

TheEagleman predicts that the ride back home to Tulsa down 44 after this match up will a sweet one.....ORU gets returns the favor for that early season beating at the hands of the Lady Bears with an 87-81 win....30 for Luper..... :inlove: ....Bring on Samford!... ;)

Word is, that if ORU wins tonight, we'll host a second round game at the Mabee Center. Probably Old Mess, aka Mississippi.

Mississippi lost to Samford last night by 66-65....the bracket has the winner of ORU-Missouri St. playing Samford.... ;)

Hill's Late Basket Lifts Samford Over Ole Miss

(excerpt)

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—Samford junior forward Savannah Hill hit a layup with five seconds left in the game to lift the Bulldog women’s basketball team to a 66-65 win over Ole Miss in the first round of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament Thursday night at the Pete Hanna Center.

“This is great for our team,” Samford head coach Mike Morris said. “To beat a good SEC team in Ole Miss and to do it the way we did it was great. I was pleased with our players and with the toughness and the grit they showed.”

Samford advances to play at the winner of Friday night’s game between Missouri State and Oral Roberts. The date a time of the game will be announced later.

highlights at the link---looks like they played at home , but Samford coach says 'we'll be going somewhere for the second round'

http://www.cbs42.com/sports/story/Hills ... mdNHA.cspx

This makes tonight's game even bigger...the chance for ORU to host an NIT game at Mabee Center is phenomenal.....ORU needs to show up with it's A game tonight!...... ;)

Old Mess lost....LOVE IT!

And, yes Eagleman...this could be big. A chance to host and a REAL chance to advance a couple of games or more in the tourney. Could prove invaluable experience for this young group!

Old Mess lost....LOVE IT!

And, yes Eagleman...this could be big. A chance to host and a REAL chance to advance a couple of games or more in the tourney. Could prove invaluable experience for this young group!

I agree, voice. Hosting a post-season game again at Mabee Center would be a very positive thing for ORU, and would benefit the women's program at several levels. I sure hope it happens!!

GO EAGLES!!! BEAT THE BEARS!!!

I agree, voice. Hosting a post-season game again at Mabee Center would be a very positive thing for ORU, and would benefit the women's program at several levels. I sure hope it happens!!

GO EAGLES!!! BEAT THE BEARS!!!

One thing is for sure....the Eagles are going to be loaded for Bear tonight. :lol:

A win tonight could set the tone for this program for the next three years. If you win tonight, you host a second round game and, with a win, you get to play in the Sweet Sixteen of the Tournament. Five out of 18 games played through last night in the WNIT were won by the visiting team, so home court advantage helps greatly. I hope that we have enough fans travel to make some noise in the JQH Arena and neutralize the affects on the officiating.

ORU down 22-18 at half....what happened to the offense?... :sweat: