ORU-Missouri State game on TV or internet?

Sterns78

What is the coverage on this game? How/where can we see it? These girls are the most entertaining team to watch. Go EAGLES!

What is the coverage on this game? How/where can we see it? These girls are the most entertaining team to watch. Go EAGLES!

Haxton didn't go to LA so that he could cover the Ladies. It should be on Elive and hopefully the chat board will be up. If all else fails, you can text me and I'll give you the scores!! ^_^

ORU down 39-31 with 12min left....we are going to be well under our 89 pt average...not sure what happened tonight but it's not looking good at Missouri st.... :sweat:

Not playing well, can't hit shots, 23 TO's with nine minutes to go, getting homered by refs, hostile crowd; we came back and led by one in second half, but since then it's been all Bears.

We got whipped by 22...it was a fun season...see ya next season, Kevi.... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Not sure what was worse....the ladies basketball game at MSU or the baseball game at UCLA.....not one of the better sports days in ORU history..... ;(

Tough game for the lady Eagles. Appeared to be a small crowd in a large arena, but it sure didn't sound that way on the radio - sounded like a big crowd. Unfortunately, the Bears were just too much for the Eagles this time.

Thanks for the video, CC882. Great job, as always!!

Not sure what was worse....the ladies basketball game at MSU or the baseball game at UCLA.

That's easy, Eagleman...Baseball fared better - they only lost by 16!! :D

Very tough game for the Golden Eagles last night. We knew it was going to be tough game when we saw Kevi had taken the highlights out of her hair and it was all dark. Jaci did that for the Centenary game and she had put them back in for this game. The girls are roommates and must have gotten their shampoos mixed up. All of this is said in jest, but it was unusual seeing Kevi in her natural hair color (I like the blond hair).

We were totally dominated on the boards. MSU was getting all kinds of second chance shots and we were one-and-done. The MSU players were in good position for the rebounds every time and they took advantage of the situation. MSU's team produces a mismatch for us and, if we continue to see them on our schedule, we will have to have a better game plan if we intend to beat them. Overall, we just didn't play well - we didn't defend Garrison, we didn't shoot well and although our perimeter defense was good we didn't block out when we needed to get the rebound. MSU will beat Samford and I'm convinced that we would have beaten Samford if we had met up with them Sunday night in the Mabee Center.

The crowd was pretty sparce, but this was their Spring Break as well as ours and the price of the tickets was higher than what they were used to for a women's game ($20 lower bowl; $10 in the upper deck). It was nice to see the Rutlands and Greens make the trip to support the team. We are fortunate to have these fine people leading our University. In the ORU section, we were next to the MSU crowd and both groups were after the officials when the calls didn't go their way. A couple of their fans were pretty animated with their gestures and a couple of our fans called them on it - asking for them to show their moves one more time. That sort of broke the ice between the aisles and we had a pretty good time with each other - even though we wanted our team to win in a big way.

The ladies had a good year and the future is bright for the program. We need a couple of new recruits this year to round out the talents already in place for the next three years. Jerry plays a complex style and it takes a year or so for players to get what he is trying to accomplish. With Jaci and Kevi, we have the nucleus and time to build a foundation that will keep us at or near the top of the Summit for a long time.

We have to find a way to win a post-season Tournament game - men's or women's. Until we do that, we will continue to be like all the other Summit League teams. I'm not saying that's good or bad in regards to our Summit League brethern, but we really can't differentiate ourselves against another one of our conference members (except maybe Centenary) until we break this one-and-done history.

Nice recap, Bogus. Thanks!! I was home WATCHING OSU lose to Georgia Tech, LISTENING to ORU playing Missouri State, and MONITORING the performance of the Boys in Blue at UCLA on GameTracker.

Pretty much sensory overload!!!

By the SOUNDS of the game it seemed like ORU was getting hammered by the officials, which was interesting, because in the video clip that was posted they appeared to be the same ones that we see regularly at Mabee Center. What was your take on officiating?

Also, on the radio, first of all the crowd sounded much larger than it was, and second, it seemed like they complained about every call that went against them, regardless of whether it was a legitimate call or not. Did you get that impression?

I wish I could say that I had fun watching the game last night, but I didn't. The girls played poorly, every one of them. Kevi shot 3 airballs - maybe the hair dye messed with her coordination. We could not hit free throws, which is unusual.

I have watched the girls play well this year so I thought we had a good chance to win last night. It was disappointing.

I hope we figure out our problems before next year.

The refs were their usual inconsistent selfs. They'd let some obvious foul go, but call a foul for a touch.

It did affect us in the first half when Jordan picked up her third. I don't think that the officials cost us the game though - it was our poor play.

You were listening to only MSU fans behind Geoff. We were on the other side behind the bench. Even though there were only 2000 or so fans they don't just sit on their hands - they are involved in the game. They know their players. I wish we had that kind of support. Maybe in a few years. :)

Also, on the radio, first of all the crowd sounded much larger than it was, and second, it seemed like they complained about every call that went against them, regardless of whether it was a legitimate call or not. Did you get that impression?

I agree with the Mrs. that the refs did not cost us the game; however, they were not consistent in their calls during the night. Two of the refs were from Oklahoma (one of which I had seen at the Mabee Center a couple of times before), which gave me the sense that we could be treated fairly; however, when they gave Jordan Pyle three fouls in the first ten minutes and called three fouls on Dominque Allen, I was scratching my head (and not because it itched). The one woman official would not call anything for us until midway through the second half.

For most of the first half, it didn't seem like we were on the same page as the rest of the people on the floor. There was a disparity of fouls - we had 6 or 8 fouls in the first half before MSU received their second foul - which was not unnoticed by our MSU fans across the aisle. I gave the official a standing ovation when we got our second foul in the first half. :) The second half was called more tightly and Jordan never picked up her fourth foul (if memory serves me correctly).