All Tournament team

MrsSmith

Kevi and Jaci make all tournament team. Jordan Pyle does not. That is SO wrong. No hating on Kevi, but Jordan outplayed her these 3 games.

Game 1:

Pyle, a sophomore from Mustang, Okla., went 11-of-16 from the field and 4-of-5 from the free-throw line, while also pulling down a team-high seven rebounds. 26 points

Game 2:

19 points and 10 rebounds. Pyle was 7-of-11 from the field, including a trey, and swiped four steals.

Game 3:

12 points and 7 rebounds. 6-10 from the field. 4 steals, 1 turnover

Today Kevi was 5-16 with 10 turnovers and 5 steals. She has not played her best in the tournament.

I hope that the coaches give Jordan some praise. I am!

Pyle certainly deserved to make the team, but in place of Bigham, not Luper.

Kevi was a mixed bag today, but we don't have a chance at the end without her all-around game - she grabbed a couple of big rebounds late and did a lot of little things that don;t show up in a stat sheet.

She and Jaci just played like freshmen at times: forcing drives and shots when there were probably safer alternatives, and taking some risky chances out top on defense.

I thought it accentuated a team weakness that the men's team also suffers from: lack of a true point guard that could set up Jaci, Kevi and Jordan on offense, and get in the grill of the SDSU point guards on defense. We could sure use a little bulldog out top like that #2 who drew the charge late on Kevi (and I've watched that replay a dozen times on ESPN360.com - it really was a charge on Kevi; the girl was set and squared up. Heckuva play on her part to get back on defense after the steal).

Wait a second, OT. I thought you were arguing that Kenny Holdman was playing like a true point guard?

Wait a second, OT. I thought you were arguing that Kenny Holdman was playing like a true point guard?

I love Ken, but he got a little exposed in Sioux Falls. He will be great in a specific role next year, but I think he needs to become at least something of a scoring threat when left wide open on the perimeter.

She and Jaci just played like freshmen at times: forcing drives and shots when there were probably safer alternatives, and taking some risky chances out top on defense.

I thought it accentuated a team weakness that the men's team also suffers from: lack of a true point guard that could set up Jaci, Kevi and Jordan on offense, and get in the grill of the SDSU point guards on defense. We could sure use a little bulldog out top like that #2 who drew the charge late on Kevi (and I've watched that replay a dozen times on ESPN360.com - it really was a charge on Kevi; the girl was set and squared up. Heckuva play on her part to get back on defense after the steal).

so we do agree afterall

so we do agree afterall

No, we don't.

Not by a long shot.

Well shucks! I hate for a long time supporter of this forum and ORU to continue to be wrong so much! :handshake:

Well shucks! I hate for a long time supporter of this forum and ORU to continue to be wrong so much! :handshake:

It is amazing how, with just seven posts in this forum, you have managed to dig yourself such a hole in terms of credibility.

I am reminded of the famous quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but actually centuries older, with Biblical roots: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Old Titan wrote "I am reminded of the famous quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but actually centuries older, with Biblical roots: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

..and I am reminded of the ancient Chinese proverb "7 posts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ress than 5,637 posts" :x

Old Titan wrote "I am reminded of the famous quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but actually centuries older, with Biblical roots: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

..and I am reminded of the ancient Chinese proverb "7 posts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ress than 5,637 posts" :x

...and for some, just 8 posts is way too many. :doh: