#3 ORU vs #2 IUPUI Prediction Thread

vcboy2000

I agree with TMH that we slow the game down and work our sets. Domo was gassed after last night. I'm gonna predict that down the stretch it's Ken Holdman that helps us tonight.

ORU 76- IUPUI 72

I expect last nights game going into OT to affect our shooting tonight. We will have to win this one on the defensive end.

ORU 59-57

Amazingly, this is the first time in NINE YEARS (2001) that ORU has played a game in the MidCon/Summit League tournament against a higher-seeded team.

Ponder that for a minute.

It means two things:

1. We've been a perennial top seed since 2005 - hard to play somebody higher in the bracket when you're the #1 seed.

2. When not the #1 seed, we've been upset in the first or second rounds as the higher seed - 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5, etc..

But, for the first time in nearly a decade, we are NOT the favorite in a tournament game.

Navy uniforms for the first time since the tournament was in Fort Wayne!

Needless to say, this is new territory for us. How will we respond? Will it loosen us up? Will our coaches throw in some surprises?

Hard to predict, since we have little previous history in this position to base an opinion on.

Tony Mejia says IUPUI 70, ORU 68.

Vegas.com has it IUPUI -3.5, with a 134.5 total (translates to ORU 65.5, IUPUI 69)

Not enough bullets in the gun tonight, but that's OK - it's been an incredible year, all things considered: IUPUI 72, ORU 63

Not enough bullets in the gun tonight, but that's OK - it's been an incredible year, all things considered: IUPUI 72, ORU 63

Great way to say it, OT, and sums up exactly how I feel. Doubt that they can pull off the win tonight, but it's been a great, great season, regardless of how tonight's game goes. There's no lack of heart or determination with this bunch. Not many teams earn a nickname; to the ORU faithful these guys will always be the Magnificent Seven.

Kevin Ford

Domonique Morrison

Ken Holdman

Warren Niles

Kyron Stokes

Damon Bell-Holter

Michael Craion

The Accuscore projection is worse than I expected: IUPUI winning 70.3% of the time, by an average of 69.8 to 63.4.

Our guys have come up big before though, and now that the gym is truly neutral and they've had a chance to get a feel for it, I think we shoot a lot better tonight. So I'll take those numbers exactly reversed: ORU 70, IUPUI 63.

Yea, I see this being a very close game....I think Dominique is going to be really motivated this game to do well, and i think he will...as he said earlier this season he came here to win...Its really so hard to say who is going to win this game....We really need to play a good second half to get this win...close game ORU 73-71

I agree with slowing this game down. Ford needs to really step his game up. We need our post players to play a lot better to have a chance.

Dominique did not look happy at the end of the game. Just guessing but I think he wasn't pleased with his play in the waning seconds. I think he will have a huge game tonight.

I also felt Ford was quiet last night. He didn't have a bad game but he didn't have a big game. 8 points & 9 rebounds. It would be unfair to leave out that every point last night turned out to be big and two of Kevin's points came at a critical point in the game. Kevin played well in the homecoming game against IUPUI. Does he come up big tonight?

I just haven't figured out yet whether big games from these two will be enough to win or not. Crystal ball is still brewing.

The Jags like to use pressure defense which might be tough for us to handle given how tired we will be. It could also serve to 'speed' the game up. We used our press against them to good effect at the Mabee Center, but I doubt we can do that tonight. I wonder if we might use a zone defense (a least some of the time) tonight to stop dribble penetration?

Even though it looks daunting, don't count these guys out yet.

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA RON HOT ROD HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WILL BE 300-400 NDSU FANS CHEERING ORU ON. (not me though)

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA RON HOT ROD HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WILL BE 300-400 NDSU FANS CHEERING ORU ON. (not me though)

Well, by all means, if beating IUPUI will make you and 300-400 other fat, drunk NDSU buffalos happy, then that's what we'll do.

"DO IT FOR PABST BLUE RIBBON, BOYS!!" :drunk:

Last night I was yo-yoing with the play of the team. I was wildly excited about the two threes that started the game from Holdman and Niles. It looked like we had come loaded for bear. When things didn't go our way through some stretches, I wondered why we couldn't put NDSU away. Then at the end of the game, what was left of the Magnificent Seven came dragging over the finish line. I keep expecting our guys to break out early and put a team away with our superior skill and athleticism. I get disappointed when that doesn't happen. What I've realized upon further thought is that our boys are finishers.

They will give you all they have, with a never say die attitude. My prediction for tonight is that the guys will not give up as long as their legs can carry them forward. Stokes might be questionable because he truly gave his all yesterday. The other guys did not fight like crazy yesterday to lay down and die tonight. It might not be pretty, but I think that they will find a way to win. Theoretically, we truly have a neutral floor tonight. If the reffing is atrocious, it should at least go both ways. I think this is going to be a knock-down, drag-out kind of battle, perhaps going into overtime. I say ORU wins though, 72-71.

I say ORU wins though, 72-71.

I hope you're wrong, Ron, because my aging heart can't handle two cliffhangers in two days. :worried::drunk::(

I hope you're wrong, Ron, because my aging heart can't handle two cliffhangers in two days. :worried::drunk::(

I hear you, tmh. I'm afraid we have to leave it all on the couch ourselves tonight. :lol:8):eagles::punch:

No doubt that last night's OT game wasn't a good thing for us....IUPUI is rested and ready....our guys were probably gassed....but hey, these are not old men like TheEagleman, Bogus and OT....these are young kids....they can handle it....we played a horrendous 2nd half last night and got no help from the zebras...and still we won.....I like Domo, Craion, KFord and Niles to come back strong tonight....it might not be pretty but TheEagleman still thinks we are better and have more heart than Ron Hunter's group....after a rough battle for 35 minutes, ORU pulls through at the end with a 66-61 win and will go up against mighty Oakland tomorrow night on ESPN2.....bring it on!.... ;)

I would feel a lot better if Niles' girlfriend was in the arena.....

I hear you, tmh. I'm afraid we have to leave it all on the couch ourselves tonight. :lol:8):eagles::punch:

We did :rock: .