ORU Dominates Postseason Conference Awards

Old Titan

Kevi Luper is named Summit League Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, and Newcomer of the Year.

Joins Jaci Bigham on First Team All-Conference and All-Newcomer teams; Janae Voulker named honorable mention All-Conference.

Coach Finkbeiner named conference Coach of the Year for the first time in his career at ORU (unbelievable...).

Congrats ladies and Coach!

2009-2010 Summit League Women's Basketball Postseason Awards

Congrats to all!! I guess Kevi didn't qualify for Coach of the Year or she might have gotten that too!!

There is no doubt that she was deserving of the three awards that she got - but is there any precedent for one person doing that before? Guess we'd need to get out the record book to find out. Congratulations to Kevi - couldn't have been given to a more deserving or nicer person.

And to think that we have Kevi and Jaci around for three more years . . . :)

I'm VERY proud of Jerry getting COY. Great coach and a great person. He really represents what ORU is all about. Hope we have him around for many more years. Congrats, Coach!!

I would've put Janae at least on 2nd team, but I guess she does a lot that doesn't show up in the stats or maybe they didn't want too many ORU player awards.

I would've put Janae at least on 2nd team, but I guess she does a lot that doesn't show up in the stats or maybe they didn't want too many ORU player awards.

I couldn't agree more, MrsSmith. Janae DEFINITELY deserved more that honorable mention, but ORU was already highly awarded, and I guess Janae was victim of the success of others.

I always looked at Janae as the glue that held this team together. Like you say, stuff that didn't show up on a box score.

Mrs Smith - I agree with you. Except I would replace the "or" with an "and". But ORU fans appreciate what Janae brings to the team.

She helped yesterday with her experience and mature attitude. Janae had been in the tournament before and she was able to perform while the 'youngsters' got calmed down.