Please pray for the OTHER family in the accident...

ashVID

I find it both sad and frustrating that the focus has been on the Suttons only. I sympathize with the situation as I nearly had a back injury that ended my productive life, I never got behind the wheel of a car, not once, not ever.

While the Suttons do indeed need our prayer far more than our judgment, there is another family that by no choice of their own and by no decision or lack of judgement of their own are suffering as well. Last I read in the paper there has been no contact, no apology, no well wishes, nothing from the Suttons or OSU.

I see this all the time and it bothers me to no end... a preacher who does wrong, an affair, etc. and he gets the prayers/support of the church while the other person and their family are fogotten about... sad...sad...sad...

ash =o)

"The driver of the other vehicle, Teresa Jean Barnard, 42, of Perry, said she received a concussion and several bruised ribs in the accident."

You lawyers out there correct me if I'm wrong. This lady wants Eddie to personally call her and say he's sorry. I would think legally that is the last thing he should do.

Eddie expressed concern for her the first day - I remember reading it in the paper - see below.

This lady seems to be looking for more than an apology imo (Maybe a lot of $$$$). Her injuries seem to be getting worse daily.

However, Ash, even though she is whiny, she does deserve our prayers for health (mental and otherwise).

From tw on Sat: The occupant of the Suburban sustained minor injuries and was released, according to the police report, which also stated the investigation is ongoing and will be forwarded to the Payne County district attorney's office for review to determine if charges are warranted.

Shutt said Sutton feels for the person in the other vehicle and is happy the person wasn't more seriously injured.

Not an attorney - obviously - but I'd had the same thought. In the event of an accident, insurance companies usually tell you not to admit any any wrongdoing, even when it's your fault, just exchange insurance information.

To call and apologize would be an admission guilt, would it not? I bet Eddie's, or the University's, attorneys are telling him not to contact her.

This lady seems to be looking for more than an apology imo (Maybe a lot of $$$$). Her injuries seem to be getting worse daily.

However, Ash, even though she is whiny

A link, please? I'm coming in "at the end of the movie" so to speak.

The guys on the radio were saying this morning that there is a long line of lawyers trying to get involved - and implied that the family (and others) have contacted legal counsel.

Lawyers and Ole Miss fans...the scum of the earth.

I was in a car wreck recently (the other persons fault) and was told that I should contact a lawyer and schedule doctors visits and make the insurance company pay and that I could possibly get a 'settlement' from them.

I guess I'm just a simpleton, though. I mean, I wasn't really injured! Silly me.

A link, please? I'm coming in "at the end of the movie" so to speak.

I'll email you the article from the Tulsa World today. In spite of cluelessobserver's opinion yesterday, I'd prefer not to post it.

I'll email you the article from the Tulsa World today. In spite of cluelessobserver's opinion yesterday, I'd prefer not to post it.

I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Is this place not called a "forum" for a reason? Let's consult our friends at Merriam-Webster:

Forum

1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas

Apparently no one here understands this concept considering you are still afraid to even post a link to a newspaper story. And some of you apparently get your panties in a bunch when someone offers an opinion other than yours!

-"cluelessobserver"

C.O. - Differing opinions are great, but presentation is everything my friend.

a) you've never posted

B) you're completely anonymous (ie we have no idea who you are or where you're from)

c) you were basically rude

d) all of the above adds up to it seeming like you just piped up to cause trouble rather than actually contribute to the 'forum'

Work on the presentation a little bit and I think you'll get a better response.

C.O. - Differing opinions are great, but presentation is everything my friend.

a) you've never posted

B) you're completely anonymous (ie we have no idea who you are or where you're from)

c) you were basically rude

d) all of the above adds up to it seeming like you just piped up to cause trouble rather than actually contribute to the 'forum'

Work on the presentation a little bit and I think you'll get a better response.

I'll work on that. Thanks for your input. My intention was to ruffle some feathers initially to spark conversation (and it appears to have worked). But i truly am baffled as to why the people on this board are so hesitant to share something as innocent as a link to a newspaper article.

That first night that I heard about the accident everyone was reporting that it was a one vehicle accident. How do you get that wrong, maybe the news people should do a little research into how many people were involved. I just learned this morning that there was another car in the accident and that she is reporting that Eddie hit her 3 seperate times during the crash. I just really wonder what actually happened now. And casual observer why don't you post a newspaper link instead of coming in and rattling off all that junk.

Wow... maybe a simple, "I'm sorry" phone call would have AVOIDED all the potential legal problems. She was driving home and was hit by someone who should have never been driving in the first place and it is her fault how? Instead of extending her some sympathy and prayer you want to call her a money grubbing whiner? WOW, amazing responses, shocking from this community.

I dont care if calling her is the legal thing to do, it is the RIGHT and MORAL thing to do. If she does get a lawyer and gets some money out of it, SO WHAT, she did nothing wrong, was injured and went thru a traumatic physical and emotional ordeal and nobody had the common courtesy to even extend a "hope you are OK" message. Let's say it was Scott Sutton's wife and she was hit by someone who should not have been driving... what would your position be then? Very very sad...

ash =o)

Guest Rob Marshall

Mr. Moderator, sir; please explain to me how this thread has something to do with ORU basketball. Thank you.

signed,

use your lock and throw away the key please