(Off Topic) Women's Golf Impressive Finish

Old Titan

For those of you who (like me) sometimes don't check the other boards:

The ORU women's golf team started the spring season in impressive style, finishing tied for 4th at Kiawah Island, against a very competitive 33-team field. Broken Arrow native Crystal Reeves tied for medalist honors.

Here's a link to the story through the "Golf" board: Reeves Shares Medalist Honors, ORU 4th at Kiawah Island

There's also a post there with a Tulsa World story about Reeves coming to ORU - looks like a great "get"! :clap:

Good post, and all true, OT, exept that Crystal transfered to ORU a year ago.

My bad - a recent response had bumped the year-old post about Reeves' transfer to the top of the "Golf" forum, and when I read it, I didn't notice the January 2009 date.

Which just goes to show: I need to keep a closer eye on the "Other Sports" boards - and the women's golf results! :$

As much as we talk about our baseball team's dominance, our Women's Golf team has been the cream of the Summit for just as long. This year's team, like our baseball team, can compete on a national level with many of the power conference teams that put thousands of dollars more into their program. We have a core group of girls that I think really enjoy being at ORU and enjoy knocking it around against the "big girls".

I look forward to seeing our girls take some Tournaments this season and possibly making the top 10 in their NCAA regional this spring. :up::eagles: