NO Respect

ORU_Ed

Saw this little tid bit that the girls can use as bulletin board material.

From the IPFW coach.

In their most recent outing, the Mastodons got thrashed by Summit League power South Dakota State 76-65 on Saturday at the coliseum. Though the Jackrabbits (17-9, 12-3 SL) trail Oral Roberts by a half-game in the conference standings, Paul said there’s no doubt which team is better.

“I don’t care what anyone says, (South Dakota State) is the favorite heading into the (Summit League) tournament,” Paul said.

I hope our girls go up there and just blast everyone. Dang I wish I could go.

I'm thinking that if Oakland beats SDSU tonight at Oakland we'd have a little breathing room for our first place seed (not that I'm planning for our girls to lose, but they are on the road). SDSU has IUPUI and WI after that so this is the only test. The women get an automatic NIT bid for winning the conference, correct?

Maybe reg season champs get NIT bid, but this team wants NCAA, and I don't know where they stand for that if they don't win the conference tnmt, so They need to keep it in their own hands, and win it. Would be great experience for this young talented team to have an NCAA trip under their belt.

Wow! Thaat would be huge for this team to make it to the tournament.

Saw this little tid bit that the girls can use as bulletin board material.

From the IPFW coach.

In their most recent outing, the Mastodons got thrashed by Summit League power South Dakota State 76-65 on Saturday at the coliseum. Though the Jackrabbits (17-9, 12-3 SL) trail Oral Roberts by a half-game in the conference standings, Paul said there’s no doubt which team is better.

“I don’t care what anyone says, (South Dakota State) is the favorite heading into the (Summit League) tournament,” Paul said.

I hope our girls go up there and just blast everyone. Dang I wish I could go.

In their dreams (SD).....

This should be the year for Coach Finkbeiner & his team to win both the regular season championsip & the Summit Tournament. Go Eagles! :D

In their dreams (SD).....

This should be the year for Coach Finkbeiner & his team to win both the regular season championsip & the Summit Tournament. Go Eagles! :D

I think Coach Fink has set the foundation for a long-term dynasty such as he had with Southern Nazerene. Starting three freshmen and a sophomore along with a redshirt Junior ready to play next season, with one or two more recruits this could be a team that the city of Tulsa could get behind. Their style of defense and ability to shoot makes this a team that can sell tickets. OU has Sheri Coale, ORU has Kevi Luper and Jaci Bingam!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Expect Jerry to work this summer through his camps and other avenues to build up the Lady Golden Eagles in the community. :clap::clap::clap:

I am surprised that the IPFW coach would make a comment that is so clearly directed at ORU. It doesn't seem to be very smart on her part. If the standings stay as they are, she would face ORU in the 2nd round of the Summit League Tournament (if each team won their first round game).

If you look at it from her perspective, I understand why she feels that way. ORU has lost to IPFW twice, by 2 at Mabee and by 11 on the road. SDSU has beaten IPFW twice, by 11 at IPFW and by 21 at Frost Arena. The only other game ORU has lost is to NDSU by 2 on the road in the 1st league game of the season. That seems like a long time ago.

ORU would have to lose twice this weekend in order to not be the 1 seed based on head-to-head tie-breakers with Oakland and SDSU. I don't see ORU losing to Southern Utah even though it's on the road. However, UMKC is 11-5 in conference and in 4th place in the league. That game will not be a pushover. Some crowd support from the "Get on the bus" ORU fans will certainly be needed!!!

IPFW is apparently a physical team who presents some match-up problems for our ladies. However, this team is playing better right now than at any point this year and I suspect they could handle IPFW in a 2nd round conference tournament game if that ends up being the matchup. A little bulletin board material can certainly provide some extra motivation.

The top 6 women's teams in the Summit League are fairly competitive this year. ORU lost twice to the 5th place team and once to the 6th place team and Oakland and SDSU are strong teams who could each present a real challenge in the tournament.

Having the 1-seed in this year's tournament will be important not only for the extra rest day but also because if ORU is the 1-seed, then we wouldn't have to face both SDSU and Oakland. Instead, one of them would knock the other out in the semifinals. Let's wrap up that 1-seed on Saturday at UMKC!

I agree with you. But, the IPFW coach is a guy.

ORUVoice, you got me there! I was NOT at the IPFW game this year and I forgot to double check who the IPFW coach was before I posted.

My apologies go out to Chris Paul, the IPFW women's head coach, his wife Trisha, and his three children; sons Jalen (11) and Jackson (7) and daughter Jersey (3), who I'm sure are all very aware that Chris Paul is a guy. :$

One thing about message boards - there are always PLENTY of people around to make sure you get your story straight!!

I'm commiserating with you, Jason - yesterday I made a similar goof on the Oakland board - I needed THREE embarrassed smilies to make up for THAT one!! :x

Bummer for Chris Paul that he has to play the "best" team in the conference even though his team is the "6" seed.

If he can just make it past SDSU then I guess the semis and finals should be a breeze. ;)