Centenary at ORU Predictions....Senior Night!

theeagleman5

This one should be a cake walk at home....over/under for Centenary turnovers is 30.....over/under for Kevi Luper points is 29......expect our seniors to get minutes in garbage time which will hold down Kevi's numbers tonight...ORU clobbers Centenary by 93-66.....and what is Centenary called anyway?....the Lady Gents?.... :P

Hope these Ladies have a huge crowd tonight. They deserve it. We have our tickets and want to see Ms. Voelker finish out on a high note. She has been a great leader, with so many freshmen getting most of the well deserved press.

Centenary's Ladies have already made the move to D-III mentally. They are at the same level as IUPUI's women's team this year. The only difference between those two teams is that the IUPUI team will get better; Centenary's won't. Expect us to score more than 100 points tonight. Expect there to be more than the nation-leading steals (more than 16) and there shouldn't be any line on the turnovers because it will be as many as our women decide to get.

I would expect Luper to play the entire game in hopes of breaking the single-season record for points at home. If she doesn't have at least 30 points with 10:00 left in the game and the game is out of hand, then I would expect Jerry to not worry about the record and have her break the record next weekend on the road (another reason why to make the trip to UMKC next weekend).

I wouldn't be surprised to see the three seniors start tonight, but that means that Jaci and/or Jordan would have to start the game on the bench (although not for long).

I have heard a lot of "chatter" about attending this game because it is the last women's game and everyone has heard how exciting they are to watch. With this being the last chance to see the Women play, there seems to be a sense of urgency to go watch this game. I hope that everyone with a good intention to see the women play this season will follow through and act on their good intentions tonight.

Centenary's Ladies have already made the move to D-III mentally. They are at the same level as IUPUI's women's team this year. The only difference between those two teams is that the IUPUI team will get better; Centenary's won't. Expect us to score more than 100 points tonight. Expect there to be more than the nation-leading steals (more than 16) and there shouldn't be any line on the turnovers because it will be as many as our women decide to get.

I would expect Luper to play the entire game in hopes of breaking the single-season record for points at home. If she doesn't have at least 30 points with 10:00 left in the game and the game is out of hand, then I would expect Jerry to not worry about the record and have her break the record next weekend on the road (another reason why to make the trip to UMKC next weekend).

I wouldn't be surprised to see the three seniors start tonight, but that means that Jaci and/or Jordan would have to start the game on the bench (although not for long).

I have heard a lot of "chatter" about attending this game because it is the last women's game and everyone has heard how exciting they are to watch. With this being the last chance to see the Women play, there seems to be a sense of urgency to go watch this game. I hope that everyone with a good intention to see the women play this season will follow through and act on their good intentions tonight.

We'll be there, Bogus, but not until after my son's last church league game. We'll probably arrive at halftime - but we'll be there!!

Great game by the Golden Eagles!! 95-34 was the final score. Kevi scores 31(?) and has eight steals in the first half (don't know what she ended up with for the game). She needed seven to tie the school single-season record for steals. She has the opportunity to break that record three more times in her ORU career (that just sounds so nice to say that). Those of us going to UMKC next Saturday will get to watch Kevi break the League's single season scoring record. Nice to see a great crowd - looked like around 2,000 and the seniors were nicely celebrated. We will miss them as they contribute greatly to the chemistry of this team. Things are looking up for the women's basketball program. Congratulations to Coach Fink and his staff.

Very nice crowd tonight.... I would have guessed around 3,000. Regardless, it was nice to have a big crowd to see the seniors off. And they saw good game by ORU. Finkbeiner is building a dynasty.

When I arrived at Mabee Center and saw so many cars in the lot, I thought that perhaps I had gotten the gametime wrong, and all those people were there for a concert or something. I've never seen so many people milling about in the lobby and on the concourse at a women's game. The section where I sit is usually 9/10ths empty, but this time, it was probably 3/4ths full. It was great to see so many people there, and a lot of them stuck around to honor the seniors at the end. This team deserves all the kudos for a great season! I can't wait for UMKC this Saturday, and being there to see Kevi break the record!