FWIW....

SDSUJacks

Just thought I'd copy and paste my latest Summit thread for all you Summit fans who just love me so much :wasntme: .....

I'm not changing much from below. In fact, if all plays out the way I see it I will have predicted 5 of the first 6 correct in my pre-season poll and 7 of 10 overall (thought SUU would be better, UMKC and IPFW would be worse). Hats off to IPFW especially, they have a pretty solid team.

Summit 1-6 (the others don't matter and will not pull off an upset in tourney):

Oakland has #1 locked up.

IUPUI has #2 locked up.

ORU has #3 locked up.

SDSU should have #4 locked up (thank God we get WIU at Frost for what should be win #10).

IPFW currently leads NDSU by 0.5 and has beat them both games this year. IPFW remaining games are vs. SDSU and at Oakland. Will most likely finish 9-9, at least. They will play at Oakland after Oak has secured conference but Oak, being from a low-level conference, needs every win they can get.

NDSU probably finishes here. Their remaining schedule is not very friendly going at Oakland on Saturday. A game where Oakland will be ready since they can clinch conference w/ a win. Then it's vs. IUPUI and vs. WIU. Most likely finish 1-2 (8-10).

Summit at the Falls:

1.) Oakland vs. 8.) WIU Sat 6pm

2.) IUPUI vs. 7.) UMKC Sat 8:30pm

3.) ORU vs. 6.) NDSU Sun 8:30pm

4.) SDSU vs. 5.) IPFW Sun 6pm

Upset pick: NDSU over ORU. ORU doesn't have the best of outside or FT shooters and doesn't have a very good feel in the Arena. IPFW is also very capable of beating SDSU. Wouldn't be a surprise at all. Not sure what to expect from the NDSU crowd. On one hand they were great last year, on the other the weather was bad and, especially in the title game, their fans simply couldn't travel. I expect a little less than last year but still #2 by far.

Semi's:

1.) Oakland vs. 4.) SDSU Monday 6pm

I expect Oakland to be more than ready and I expect to see this year what I saw from Oakland last year in this game....domination.

2.) IUPUI vs. 3.) ORU Monday 8:30pm

Should be the game of the tourney up to this point. I could see anything happening. Going w/ IUPUI right now.

Final:

1.) Oakland vs. 2.) IUPUI Tuesday on ESPN2

Oakland had the game won last year vs. NDSU..until Ben happened. I just believe they have been waiting for this tourney all year and will really light it up in SooFoo. I don't think anyone stays within 12 the whole weekend.