This Just In

donkeylarry

Here's some real news for you, DL:

Kevi Luper needs 43 points in the next three games to break the all-time single season scoring total for a Mid-Con/Summit League women's player.

That's a freshman we're talking about, sports fans.

A FRESHMAN WHO MISSED TWO GAMES DUE TO INJURY!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Here's some real news for you, DL:

Kevi Luper needs 43 points in the next three games to break the all-time single season scoring total for a Mid-Con/Summit League women's player.

That's a freshman we're talking about, sports fans.

A FRESHMAN WHO MISSED TWO GAMES DUE TO INJURY!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

She should be able to sew up the record in the next game, right??? :clap::clap::clap:

Luper nearly out scored IUPUI and only played 29 minutes. i look for her to average 40 next year...

By the way, how does a team force 47 turnovers? That's incredible

Luper nearly out scored IUPUI and only played 29 minutes. i look for her to average 40 next year...

You gotta see it to believe it . . . ;)

It almost sounds like our ladies were just walking up and taking it away from IUPUI. The Lady Jags had one more turnover than FG attempt... And, ORU had twice as many steals (32) as IUPUI had made shots (16) :o

I hope to make it to more games next season

I like this 'youth movement' going on in ORU athletics:

-Super Luper is 2nd in the nation in scoring as a freshman

-The men's team is being led by 3 soph's and 2 freshmen

-A pretty young baseball team is talking Omaha

-The track team could have ORU's next national champion and Olympian

Sounds like the future is now and it's pretty bright 8)

Great post Maniac...I agree. Pretty exciting future.

I like the news OT. Her story is a great one and I'm sure she is as excited as anyone with the outcome of this year after all the injuries she had to deal with etc. Let it be known, noone likes Luper more than me. If only to be 19 again :inlove: .

I love the energy of this team. They remind me of the old Arkansas Razorbacks "40 Minutes of Hell", where they would roll off 10-12 points off 3-4 turnovers in about 30 seconds and the other team is just dazed walking around wondering what just happened and what to do.

Kevi is certainly going to make the All-American freshman team if not the actual All-American team.....she's the real deal.... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

The best part is that ORU has enough good players that she won't have to score 40 next year.

My favorite sequence in the IUPUI game was when IU's point guard somehow thought it would be a good idea to dribble down the lane in between Kevi and Jaci at the top of the 2-1-2 zone. Kevi promptly stole the ball and led the break for a score (I don't remember who actually scored but it doesn't matter). Next possession, IU's point guard must have thought, surely they won't expect me to drive the middle again, so she tried it again and the exact same thing happened. I don't think she tried that again. Those were not even the worst possessions--many of them never made it over the half court line. The 47 turnovers does not include the dozens of times ORU knocked passes out of bounds. Kevi has lightening quick hands and substantial spring for her height. It's like the other team cannot believe that she can get a hand on the ball in the situations she does.

This team is really fun to watch and you must go on Saturday if you can make it.

I love the energy of this team. They remind me of the old Arkansas Razorbacks "40 Minutes of Hell", where they would roll off 10-12 points off 3-4 turnovers in about 30 seconds and the other team is just dazed walking around wondering what just happened and what to do.

I did not see the Razorbacks team but the description applied to the games I have seen is spot on. I am wondering how IPFW beat us twice.

They beat us because this team that IS so good, and our family has watched many times this season, is very slow to rotate in their half court defense, and are getting killed (mostly in the first half) on the weak side. They are good enough offensively to come back and beat most teams anyway, but I will be glad when they shore this up, because the run in the NCAA could be a good one . On aggressive full court defense, they are outstanding, producing turnovers like crazy. They really only have one weakness, and it is definately half court defense. The great news is, look how young they are. Go win the league tournament ladies!

In his coach's show, Coach Fink said IPFW hit us in the mouth, literally and figuratively. They were more physical, and we didn't handle it as well as we should.

Just not a good match-up for us. Hopefully, we can avoid them in Sioux Falls.