Eagles pound IUPUI - Tulsa World (2-14-10)

ORUTerry

(Excerpt)

By Staff Reports

Published: 2/14/2010 2:32 AM

Last Modified: 2/14/2010 8:14 AM

The Oral Roberts University women's basketball team had a record-setting day in a 114-43 victory over IUPUI on Saturday at the Mabee Center.

ORU (17-8, 11-3 in Summit League) forced a school-record 47 turnovers while producing a school and Summit League-record 32 steals. The 114 points were just six shy of a school record and the most against a Division I opponent. The 71-point victory marked the most lopsided win against a league opponent.....

Link to Full Story

34 pts for my girl, Kevi in just 29 minutes.....TheEagleman has got to meet her someday.... :inlove::inlove:

This was the first girls' game I have seen live and I was very impressed (although the competition was weak). This was the biggest blowout I have seen since my wing's C team scored 100 in an intramural game. Kevi Luper was as good as advertised. She had 4 steals in the first 5 minutes. She is like the Energizer Bunny--her feet are always moving. I think I counted 8 steals for her, but she also tipped another 8-10 balls that either went out of bounds or somehow made it back to an IUPUI teammate. I would like to see them against better competition. It is hard for me to imagine how IPFW beat them twice.

This is a very fun brand of basketball that I think will appeal to the casual Tulsa basketball fan, especially with nation's leading guard combo in scoring being freshmen from Oklahoma.