IUPUI Game Observations....

ORUTerry

Okay, I missed the entire game - I heard the final score when I turned the radio on. Consequently, I have no observations - or at least won't have any until I review the game statistics. Here are some random questions:

1. Did they zone us all night or mix it up? Sound like the latter, given Green's point total of 29.

2. Did we ever zone them?

3. Did they play their "isolation" offense? (see question above)

It will be interesting to see the player minutes and get other observations.

It would have been great to win this game and probably win the conference championship as a result. But we still have to win three games in March at the UMAC.... and we will end up playing IUPUI again anyway if we get to the championship game. The key now is to win Thursday against UMKC in order to clinch 2nd place and the Sunday rest day.

Van Senus (Valpo High School) was man to man against Green in the 2nd half and played pretty well. Although Caleb hit about 6 free throws in the last 10 minutes of the game. I did have a tough time seeing because I was in standing room only and had to stand on my tippy toes.

5 point loss with them shooting 74% means we should have won that game. ORU did everything right untill they didn't hit a basket in 5 minutes between 10:00 and 5:00. Play some defence, toughen up and make a stop. 5 points. IF they would have held them to 60% it would have been a win for ORU. 50 points in the second half is shocking. I think they have lost most if not all of thier close games. that is bad, if we have to blow a team out to win, there is not much hope of winning an "oakland" type championship game.

BTW, as TMH noted in another tread, this is the same thing IUPUI has done all season, and did to us at home, except we held them at bay by 10pts or so. We didn't do anything to stop thier run that time either i seem to remember.

Here is the current standings in the Mid-Con:

IUPUI

ORU

UMKC

Valpo

SUU

CSU

OU

WIU

Centenary

If the standings stay in this order, here is what the pairings would look like for the Mid-Con Championship:

IUPUI vs WIU, winner to play Valpo/SUU

ORU vs Oakland, winner to play UMKC/CSU

5 points because we hit a bucket at the very end of the game, I think it was Moses, can't remember if it was a 2 or a 3 though....

5 points because we hit a bucket at the very end of the game, I think it was Moses, can't remember if it was a 2 or a 3 though....

It was a three from the right side.