Western Illinois vs. ORU Predictions....

theeagleman5

WIU was playing mostly close Summit League contests until they got wasted by IUPUI last Saturday night....and they played us pretty tough at home a few weeks ago.....our guys have been playing fairly well but seem to be giving us only one good half lately......we need to put together two good halves in this one because TheEagleman would like to see our big boys resting in the last five minutes of this game for big homecoming nite on Sat. vs. the Jaquars....this is a game where we need to jump on WIU early and remind them that they have no shot...we can't come out sloppy and let the Leathernecks hang around for the first 25-30 minutes.....TheEagleman is looking forward to watching a big ORU rout tonight....I think we get it......ORU 79 WIU 59....Craion has a big game with 20.....Niles, Ford and DoMo also in double figures..... ;)

With three home games in six days and the "marquee" game on Saturday, I don't expect to see a lot of excitement around the game tonight. Instead, I think we'll see a very "workman-like" effort. WIU stays in the game for awhile, then we put a run of two together and keep a double-digit lead for most of the second half, closing out with a "dull, but effective" 69-58 win. The fireworks will come on Saturday when Ron Hunter brings the Jags to town for Homecoming.

ORU shakes off a little rust in the first half to finally hit their stride in the 2nd half and win by 16.

76-61 ORU wins.

I think Western Illinois will struggle to score 60+ against us. They don't really have it offensively right now.

ORU wins big. 70-52. It would be nice to get DBH, Mangum and niles lots of shots tonight to see if we can generate some late season momentum. Rest Domo in the second half. Give Niles the green light. Rest stokes the whole game if nessisary.

The danger of looking past Western Illinois tonight is huge. The good thing is that we have often shown that we can overcome a bad half. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. I hope ORU puts together two great halves (but I have my doubts). I say ORU wins by ten 76-66.

Guys, you're going to have to cheer extra loud and yell at the refs extra, too, because I'll be in Broken Arrow at my son's last game of the season. Thankfully, this is the only one that has conflicted with a men's game at ORU.

If BA's game is over early enough we may try to get in on the last of the second half.

Stunning. What the heck happened? Not smacking at all, but this has to be your worst home conference loss since, when? A long time I imagine.

That's what happens when your leading scorer shoots 6-19 and we fall behind by double digits early....just a bad shooting night and waited too long to make a run....so much for 2nd place....would be happy just to get 3rd now.... :worried: