A Strange Day in College Basketball

tmh8286

It's a strange day today in the college basketball world. Eddie is layed up in the hospital and doesn't make the trip with the Cowboys to College Station.

Missouri doesn't play until tomorrow, but they play without ex-head coach Quinn Snyder after he resigns.

In the Big Ten, Mike Davis was unable to show up for the Indiana/Iowa game on ESPN after being up all night throwing up. Bad day for coaches.

On a side note, my old buddy J.D. Collins is officiating the Iowa/Indiana game, and early in the first half there was fireworks over officiating. Steve Alford picked up a technical foul after one of his players got a bloody nose and no foul was called. It's interesting, Rick Majeris is doing the color, and questions pretty much every call by the officials.

After Errik Suhr of Indiana tips an Iowa pass for a steal, Majerus said, "I love those little FIRE PLUG guys!"

I thought dogs liked fire plugs, coaches liked spark plugs.

But I could be wrong.

He's fun to listen to. He's got a rule for every situation. You could learn a lot sitting at the feet of that Master. Very ample feet, I might add.

When do you think Mike Davis will leave? Came across this today:

"Barring an uncharacteristic fiery final run by the Hoosiers, Davis should leave at the end of the season with his head held high and his reputation and strong character intact. He'll land on his feet."

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 844449.htm