DBU... A Valley Baseball Member?

Dr. Cornelius

Dallas Baptist is being considered for baseball membership in the MVC...

The Missouri Valley Conference is in the early stages of considering Dallas Baptist as a baseball-only member, a move that could help the conference schedule and power rating.

"The coaches are unanimously in favor of it," said Joe Mitch, MVC associate commissioner. "Everyone says they're ready for this level."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/sports/shockers/s ... z0e1GdPdJY

http://www.kansas.com/sports/shockers/story/1158086.html

Thread on Wichita St. message board.

Now that stinks!! Unfortunately, with our association with the Summit League, we aren't in a position to accept a baseball-only spot in any conference; however, our baseball program would be a great fit in the MVC in terms of competition and travel. I hope that this means we could see DBU at JLJ for mid-week games on their way to Springfield or Wichita in the upcoming seasons.

Regardless, I agree that DBU would be a great addition to the MVC baseball landscape.

ORU needs to look into the Sun Belt quickly. New Orleans is a non-football school leaving the western division.

Other than this move hurting our feelings, why would we really want to leave the Summit League in baseball?

In our present situation, we're a perennial conference champion with an automatic NCAA bid every year, and have established ourselves as a solid 2-to-3 seed, due to our non-conference schedule.

How would playing in the Missouri Valley or Sunbelt Conferences improve our current catbird position in regards to post-season play?

The only reason would be for better home games during the season. The fact that we already play WSU and MSU helps to minimize the increased level of play, but we continue to have lowly-attended games which a MVC team could provide.

As long as we're successful in scheduling a competitive non-conference slate with some of those teams willing to come to Tulsa to play once in a while, the Summit will serve our purpose in getting to the NCAA Regionals and a decent seed each and every year. Not many schools are able to dominate their conference in a particular sport like we are in the Summit.

The only reason would be for better home games during the season. The fact that we already play WSU and MSU helps to minimize the increased level of play, but we continue to have lowly-attended games which a MVC team could provide.

As long as we're successful in scheduling a competitive non-conference slate with some of those teams willing to come to Tulsa to play once in a while, the Summit will serve our purpose in getting to the NCAA Regionals and a decent seed each and every year. Not many schools are able to dominate their conference in a particular sport like we are in the Summit.

I would rather see us pound a South Dakota State 40-10 over four games, than to watch us sweat out a four-game series with Southern Illinois or Wichita State, but maybe that's just me.

Other than this move hurting our feelings, why would we really want to leave the Summit League in baseball?

In our present situation, we're a perennial conference champion with an automatic NCAA bid every year, and have established ourselves as a solid 2-to-3 seed, due to our non-conference schedule.

How would playing in the Missouri Valley or Sunbelt Conferences improve our current catbird position in regards to post-season play?

True... it's just the travel that hurts us.

I'm trying to find the record for consecutive college baseball conference titles. I did find according to the 2010 NCAA record book ORU was the #3 winningest team of the 2000's and is the #9 winningest team of all time.

True... it's just the travel that hurts us.

I'm trying to find the record for consecutive college baseball conference titles. I did find according to the 2010 NCAA record book ORU was the #3 winningest team of the 2000's and is the #9 winningest team of all time.

Doc, check Wichita State. I think that they hold the record for consecutive college baseball titles. Also OSU had a run in the Big Eight when Gary Ward was there that was in the ballpark (pun intended) for the top honor.

You are correct Bogus.

OSU holds the National record with 16-consecutive conference championships (Big Eight Conference, 1981-1996)

In 2000, WSU, which finished 44-21, won its 14th consecutive Valley regular-season title, 11th Valley tournament title, and 20th NCAA Regional bid, which was their 15th-straight.

You are correct Bogus.

OSU holds the National record with 16-consecutive conference championships (Big Eight Conference, 1981-1996)

In 2000, WSU, which finished 44-21, won its 14th consecutive Valley regular-season title, 11th Valley tournament title, and 20th NCAA Regional bid, which was their 15th-straight.

We can - and should - break that record.

That would be very cool... 8)

• 2 years later...

Looks like DBU made its way back to the MVC again - a yo-yo relationship between the Missouri Valley and WAC. I still hope that this means we could get a mid-week game with these guys on their way to/from Wichita or Springfield. We should be playing Dallas Baptist every year - just like OSU, OU, Arkansas and WSU (which we will be next year).

http://www.baseballa...word/#more-6383

Hard to believe that ORU and DBU don't play a home and home every year....it's a match made in heaven..... ;-)