Mid Con Commish

ORUIsbig

I don't know if anyone else heard it or not, but the Mid con commish was on the buzz Thursday afternoon. It was a great interview. It lasted a good 10 minutes and the buzz guys asked some great questions. Here's a recap.

1. He and the tourney director were in town finalizing some things.

2. The tourney last year was one of only a few that actually made money

3. The possibility of Tulsa becoming a PERMANENT host is good. Last year was such a success plus the next 3 (till 2008) here in tulsa will help make that decision.

4. Guy's & Girls championships on ESPN2 for the first time together. They are very excited about that.

5. Mike Carter was recognized as the "Sportsman of the Year". They were here for that presention as well. Don't remember who honored him. They said he was the hardest working man in the midcon.

6. We have a debt of gratitude to owe to the Tulsa Sports Commision. they are the brains and the bulk behind all the success.

I am totally looking forward to having my heart ripped out....er....the Mid Con Championship. I have never had so much fun as last year, even though I still haven't watched that stupid game that i recorded last year.

4. Guy's & Girls championships on ESPN2 for the first time together. They are very excited about that.

Women's championship game is going to be on ESPNU, according to what was announced a few weeks ago, NOT ESPN2.