Casa Bonita...

SDSUJacks

I haven't been to Tulsa now in several years. I recommended Casa Bonita to the SDSU beatwriter. But is it still open? Is it still in the original location, at the end of the strip mall, kitty-corner from the mall/Sears? If it is still open do they have cliff divers? Thanks in advance...

Just talked to someone about it yesterday. It closed at one point, but has now re-opened, I believe in the original location.

Lots of other great places to eat around Tulsa, though.

Across the street from the university is Zio's - italian. At the Jenks Riverwalk (5 minute drive) is Los Cabos - mexican.

Yeah - Los Cabos - GREAT Mexican. For barbecue Rib Crib is a mile east of ORU on 81st Street and has great barbecue - what's your take on that, voice?

I wouldn't suggest Zio's, Los Cabos, or Rib Crib. All just 'chain' food.

If it were me, I'd go Ti Amo at 61st & Sheridan (Italian), Jamil's on 51st east of Harvard (Steaks), Speedy Gozalez at 26th & Memorial (Mexican), or Fuji Sushi Bar on 71st & Memorial or 37th & Peoria (really good/fresh sushi & japanese cuisine)...especially for Oklahoma. As far as BBQ...I'd save that for a trip to KC or Memphis. There are no REALLY good BBQ places in Tulsa, imo.

But, I'm a different dude. I prefer hole in the wall, hard to find, locally owned mom & pop joints.

Billy Rays on SW Boulevard is pretty good BBQ.... and you get authentic Oklahoma ambiance.

As far as BBQ...I'd save that for a trip to KC or Memphis. There are no REALLY good BBQ places in Tulsa, imo.

But, I'm a different dude. I prefer hole in the wall, hard to find, locally owned mom & pop joints.

Obviously, Voice has never had the ribs or the chopped beef at Albert G's BBQ, 26th and Harvard.

The banana pudding for dessert is also highly recommended.

It's a converted gas station from the '30's, and it's named after the native Tulsan founder/owner's father - is that "hole-in-the-wall-locally-owned-mom-and-pop" enough for you, big man?

Tons of great places to eat downtown now, too... El Guapo, McNellie's (I hear they have food, anyway!!!), Blue Dome Diner, Joe Mama's ... no chains allowed!