I'm back?

SDSUJacks

So I guess I'm back from my undeserved timeout. Let me just say, I am not over here to troll. If you think that's the case I encourage you to go back and read my previous posts, but you must do so w/ an open mind. If you feel I am over here simply to ruffle feathers then I question why you would give me the time of day. Ignore me, skip past my posts, don't respond or put me on ignore. If you feel I am here simply to disturb the peace then why contribute? I think if my time is dedicated solely to harassing you then I would have went all "nyah, nyah, nyah" on you when SDSU recently beat ORU. I didn't. I am a member of every Summit League team message board and none, including bitter rivals USD and NDSU, have I ever had any trouble. I love my school and the Summit and love talking to, about and getting to know the other schools. I look forward to discussing various topics w/ those who share the same interests. Just let my words and actions judge me, not the fact that a few seem to think the only reason I would go to someone elses board is to "troll".

I am a Christian. I am so famliar w/ Tulsa b/c I attended several Christian workshops in your city. I am a father of four, who are my life. A stay at home dad who quit his career to train and learn how to care for my autistic son. I am a happily married man to a woman I have been faithful to for over 12 years. I am the son of retired parents who are Sojouners and have spent much time doing missionary work in Honduras, among other places. I am a fan of the Summit, someone who desperately wants to see the Summit improve and thrive. I come in peace.

I was pleased that everyone on that board and other boards agreed that my timeout was a joke and that the original post was absurd. Odd that you didn't post the responses. Again, when I am on your board I will respect your program and university and behave myself. I am a visitor.

I was pleased that everyone on that board and other boards agreed that my timeout was a joke and that the original post was absurd. Odd that you didn't post the responses. Again, when I am on your board I will respect your program and university and behave myself. I am a visitor.

OK, here is a typical "response".

CaBisonFan

The logic of an extremist from an institution founded by an extremist that claimed God & country as the property of his ideology...which has also found its way into our mainstream culture...placing it at every institution & community. It's always been there, but because of the internet & 'holler news' we're all more aware of it. Doesn't matter what your religious/political beliefs are...the extremists are there...waiting to bait us. Sad that it also finds its way into sports...as in 'a game.' Sad that the ORU board wouldn't ban the person that wrote this hate-filled garbage. Ignorance has become a virtue. This kind of person is waiting for an argument.

Am I going to cry myself to sleep and go complain because somebody wrote something on the internet like you did? Nope. People can believe whatever they want. ;)

I'm not going to make it my life's mission to spam the SDSU message board.

Welcome back, Jacks....great post up there....we'll take you back as long as you know your place.... :P .....just kidding!.... :clap:

Darren and eagleman - thanks guys! Very much appreciated, especially in my time here where I feel so many think I'm just out to be a troublemaker. Peace to you and here's to a future where we can discuss and chat and maybe even, one day, give each other a little ribbing over our basketball programs. Have a great week!

always good to have input from others thanks for your little bio welcome back and stay warm!

Good to see you back, Jacks! If we didn't have someone to take issue with, we'd have to do it amongst ourselves. ;) I enjoy your perspective and point of view and believe that you raise fair points most of the time. I didn't like the quotes that Doc posted the links to a few posts earlier, but I am assuming that it was a gut reaction to being barred from the board for a time.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to lots more discussion down the road. I hope that SDSU continues to get better and that the combined Dakotas ramp up the level of the Summit and cause/enable us to get better as well. No matter what, I will always prefer to beat you guys more often then not. :)

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.

Ron, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. True, I was upset after getting banned. Not so much for getting banned but just that someone was allowed to write a post that could be so offensive to so many people and it was allowed and defended. Water under the bridge...

I stand by the posts where I joked about the any ORU loss is blamed on the officials. Obviously that is a huge exageration. That comment was just poking fun at the few on here who seemed to make any excuse they could to justify the last two losses to SDSU. I also stand by what I said about this being a very unwelcoming board. I take responsibility for how I started on this board. Looking back it's probably not a good idea to come on here and ram all my SDSU talking points down your throats. I now see where that might turn people off. But it was not done so in a chest thumping way. I don't think the majority are unwelcoming or mean-spirited, it's just a very vocal few. Unfortunately those few (including one who I think runs this board) make up for probably over half the posts on here and sometimes tend to overshadow people like you ron, who have been nothing but kind to me. Peace.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Welcome back, Jacks. Are you coming to Tulsa on Jan 30th?

Thanks.....and I wish. I've made that drive to Tulsa more than a few times and it's kind of brutal. I have 4 kids (ages 8, 6, 4 and 2) that I devote my time to. I don't have many or I think any hobbies that don't include my family. There are many things I plan to do after I am done raising my kiddos and taking in a SDSU roadtrip is just one. I'm not even going to the NDSU game in Fargo this year and that's only a 3 hour drive and I have an aunt who lives just blocks from the BSA (arena).

I am putting together a group for the Summit tourney! Can't wait for that!

It may be hard for you to believe Jacks... but there were some who actually wanted to ban moi, TheEagleman a few years ago after some nasty exchanges I had with Valpo89 and a few other Valpo fans....ah, those were the good 'ol days...having some lively diatribe with fans from other teams is part of the fun of this board....we all have to be willing to take a little grief as well as give it out.....I am all for it.....that being said, ORU will kick some SDSU A$$ when you come to Tulsa in a few weeks..... ;););)

I fully expect ORU to be very ready for us. I'm glad I'll get to watch it on TV but don't at all expect to like the outcome. It's hard enough to win at Mabee....let alone having to play a team w/ revenge on their minds.

I'd be absolutely perplexed if our guys didn't come out inspired for that game.

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.

Ron, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. True, I was upset after getting banned. Not so much for getting banned but just that someone was allowed to write a post that could be so offensive to so many people and it was allowed and defended. Water under the bridge...

I stand by the posts where I joked about the any ORU loss is blamed on the officials. Obviously that is a huge exageration. That comment was just poking fun at the few on here who seemed to make any excuse they could to justify the last two losses to SDSU. I also stand by what I said about this being a very unwelcoming board. I take responsibility for how I started on this board. Looking back it's probably not a good idea to come on here and ram all my SDSU talking points down your throats. I now see where that might turn people off. But it was not done so in a chest thumping way. I don't think the majority are unwelcoming or mean-spirited, it's just a very vocal few. Unfortunately those few (including one who I think runs this board) make up for probably over half the posts on here and sometimes tend to overshadow people like you ron, who have been nothing but kind to me. Peace.

SDSUJacks, I had not been posting on this board for very long when a certain someone accused me of being a troll. Now the blood in my veins runs True Blue, so I knew that this individual did not have the ability to recognize a troll if one bit him in the nose. ORU's upsides are many and varied. Unfortunately, our downside was that people in power did not appreciate dissenting opinion on occasion. The solution some people seem to have is simply to replace an absolute ruler with another. I am thankful that this is not, however, the spirit of the new ORU. From everything I have seen, ORU is a place to grow, expand and unfold in the calling God has placed on your life.

As for the board, I believe that dissenting opinion is allowed, and if given respectfully, even encouraged by a number of posters. I believe that I have said it to you before, but I will gladly say it again. Don't be discouraged at having raised the ire of very vocal (in a written sort of way :) ) posters. Think about all the people that aren't taking up their keyboard to agree with their opinion. I don't have the inclination, desire and time to respond to every ill-conceived post that is contributed to this board. Something blatantly put out on the board to bait other (and for the most part, visiting) posters, is not worthy of response. I put the post that you referred to originally into that category.

If you want to feel well on this board, you have to learn to separate drivel from quality posts that are contributed by the same author. Does this fellow enjoy special status on this board? You bet! But again, for your own piece of mind, get over it, and keep talking real basketball.

P.S. - In retrospect, I should probably have responded to the post that got you so fired up.