The Great White North

Old Titan

Whats with the moderators on this board. If I take a shot at your departed founder Oral Roberts I get kicked off the board, but its okay to accuse folks in the Dakotas of being racists and discrimatory.

Where did anyone accuse folks in the Dakotas of being racists and "discrimatory" (sic.)??

As far as I'm concerned, I was trying to imply clumsily that, in seven games in the Dakotas, you would think we might see at least one African-American referee.

Not that a black ref would have been any better or worse at making calls - realistically, if he's working for the Summit League on a Saturday night, he would probably suck even if he was green with purple polka-dots.

It's just that, I don't see how our guys couldn't help maybe feeling a little...outnumbered at times tonight, especially with all the foul calls going against them?

I thought our guys handled the situation pretty well, all things considered. Better, obviously, than me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• Nidaros

• Dr. Cornelius

• SOLO_Gold

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lolol what is the point of arguing which school is better, or which school has more players in the pros lol.... idk bout yal but I happy for anyone that makes it to the pros out of the summit league conference. The Jarvis comment was unnecessary, Jarvis Signed with Sportino in the top league in Poland. Ben Woodside Currently plays for Gravelines-Dunkerque, a professional team in northern France, who cares who is better...they are both good athletes, both from Summit

I didn't see one minute of video from the game so I have no place to comment on the judgment of the refs. And I'm one of the last ones around here to ever be accused of being politically correct, but I don't really see how race has anything to do with anything when it comes to these games. I think it's a bit counter productive even bringing it up. I'll call a spade a spade but unless refs or players are throwing around racial slurs, I don't see how that is relevant. On another note, I miss the days of the Valpo fans bringing a little flavor to the board so to see multiple NDSU fans around here is a welcome addition...but the minute you start throwing around insults such as "punk" and "prick" at our fans, coaches, and/or players is the minute that you should just take those comments back to your own message board and leave us alone. That's just dumb.

i laughed when i read the south of missouri river comment...

also, why complain about the refs? might as well complain that the sky is blue. didnt go to the game as i was out of town, so not sure how the reffing was but i hate it when people rip on refs so much. i used to ref myself and you guys should really try it sometime. your perspective on games/officiating will change

BTW we have a black guy coming in from iowa next year :D

Where did anyone accuse folks in the Dakotas of being racists and "discrimatory" (sic.)??

As far as I'm concerned, I was trying to imply clumsily that, in seven games in the Dakotas, you would think we might see at least one African-American referee.

Not that a black ref would have been any better or worse at making calls - realistically, if he's working for the Summit League on a Saturday night, he would probably suck even if he was green with purple polka-dots.

It's just that, I don't see how our guys couldn't help maybe feeling a little...outnumbered at times tonight, especially with all the foul calls going against them?

I thought our guys handled the situation pretty well, all things considered. Better, obviously, than me.

You came off making it sound as though we did not allow people of color to populate the Dakotas. Nothing could be further from the truth. Many people of all colors can not deal with the cold weather. If any thing bothered your players it had to be the cold weather outside, but the games were played indoors.

The reason we are so darn white up here is because of the Homestead Act of 1862. It work for white immigration from Europe and thats who came. They should allowed the Freed Slaves from the South to come instead, but it did not happen for poltical reasons. The abolitionists turned racists right after the Civil, but you probably know all about that. As far as black refs, that's Tom Douples fault. We have had black refs in Brookings. The ORU teams I seen play in Brookings had enough talent that they did not need a ref of the same color to feel at home. The thing that has stood out about ORU is the playing confidence and the coaching of ORU. I am sorry some old cogger in Tulsa can not controll his emotions.

Why would we make racist comments or even taunt your players if we have players of color on our team, Dale Moss, Anthony Cordova and Kai Williams. If some one did that, our guys would leave tomorrow and someone's head would roll. If Old TItan was sharp enough to catch my misspelling of discriminatory why would be so stupid to start a thread like this? I guess everyone emotions can not always be controlled.

Why start a post like this?

Anyone who knows this old "cogger" (sic.) knows exactly why I started it.

I think my work here is done... ;)

Why start a post like this?

Anyone who knows this old "cogger" (sic.) knows exactly why I started it.

I think my work here is done... ;)

Smirk smirk more black refs for the traveling GOLEN EAGLES!!! Old Titan is a funny man.

FargoBison, I know there isn't any way on God's green earth, or in your case frozen tundra, that you could be biased. We all watched the same game and we obviously aren't seeing it the same way. It won't matter what you say, no matter what grade you got in college debate, that you will change our minds.

I thought when Valpo left the conference that we wouldn't have to listen to this anymore...

As for you calling our players punks, Dominique Morrison is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to have play for your team. You don't know our players, so keep your opinions to yourselves. Why don't you stay on your message board?

Oh, and Nidarus......it is our board, not yours. From this night forward, I refuse to feed the trolls.

OBTW its Nidaros not NIdarus(sic) You can put that where the moon does not shine.

This thread = :puke:

NDSUs fans outside of Lakesbison (who they all laugh at and regularly ban from their own board) are pretty knowledgeable.

If you haven't noticed most SDSU fans are trolls (NIdaros, SDSUfan, etc...).

ORU has ALWAYS put up with terrible league officiating an won in spite of it: Valpo (Ken & Caleb's senior year), Oakland (the infamous flop on the baseline against King), & IUPUI (the phantom call on Yemi to end the game). It doesn't have anything to do with the state of North or South Dakota or anything else.

Our league just has the worst officials in D1.

Get tougher. Make shots.

This thread = :puke:

NDSUs fans outside of Lakesbison (who they all laugh at and regularly ban from their own board) are pretty knowledgeable.

If you haven't noticed most SDSU fans are trolls (NIdaros, SDSUfan, etc...).

ORU has ALWAYS put up with terrible league officiating an won in spite of it: Valpo (Ken & Caleb's senior year), Oakland (the infamous flop on the baseline against King), & IUPUI (the phantom call on Yemi to end the game). It doesn't have anything to do with the state of North or South Dakota or anything else.

Our league just has the worst officials in D1.

Get tougher. Make shots.

Well said, Dr. Cornelius

Smirk smirk more black refs for the traveling GOLEN EAGLES!!! Old Titan is a funny man.

"More"?

When it comes to playing in the Dakotas, how about any??

It's really a shame that the Dakota schools came too late to the conference for them to experience a homecoming game on a Saturday night at Chicago State, with oh, let's say; the Simpson brothers heading up the officiating crew, just so they could get a little taste of what I'm talking about from the other perspective.

Valpo fans are still fuming to this day about an upset loss to the Cougars that the Crusaders blame on (among other things) the band and the PA announcer!! :rofl:

are you guys kidding me.

#1 dr cornelous, you have no clue who i am, i am not banned, i have brought more NEW D1 fans into NDSU than anyone.

#2 black, white, or whatever the refs always will suck in the summit league, get used to it.

#3 sorry we cant recruit black kids that want to be "PROMISED ETERNAL LIFE". give us a break, this is a stupid thread,

are you guys kidding me.

#1 dr cornelous, you have no clue who i am, i am not banned

Should be.

Or at least should be required to pass some sort of sanity evaluation to continue posting.

Do we still have that picture anywhere of him celebrating a Bison win a season or so ago?

Looked like a cross between McLovin' and Steve Bartman. :geek:

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING ARE PERSONAL VIEWS AND DO NOT (I ASSUME) REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF THE MODERATORS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

After suffering through our last seven games in the Dakotas, spanning over three seasons, I can now safely say I have had it with these all-white teams, and their all-white fans, with their all-white coaches and their all-blonde cheerleaders, playing us in their rat-trap gyms with these all-white "mystery referee" crews who never call games south of the Missouri River, leading to the surprising coincidence that our guys are always in foul trouble, while getting hammered themselves on the other end.

Guess our guys just have trouble handling all that Nordic athleticism... :?:

Our black guy just got kicked off the team for shoplifting and other undisclosed crimes. He was a good player too. Do any of your black guys ever get kicked off your team?

I saw Flowers play last year and I was not impressed.

If we have any player break team rules they would be disciplined.

Maybe I should phrase that a little differntly. Old Titan is a racists and should be taken off this board.

I'm a "racists", huh?

Now, THAT'S funny!!

"rlh" from Valpo, is that you?? :rofl: