ORU wins at Oakland - 90 to 53

MadAdder

Wow... That's all I can say. Mejia is optimistic, but his pointspread is pretty off again, lol.

I only tuned in for the last minute or two, but Chris Riouse hit 10 3-pointers on the night, a new ORU record, and finished with 32 points.

your not kidding, was talking to him the other day on our way to class, and this guy is so low-key...but man, he will eat you alive from downtown.

Thanks for the memories, Chris. I can't say I was around to see a lot of the Golden Eagle records set, but I was here for this one!

Eric Perry and Markius Barnes both held the record at 9. Perry did it February 3, 2000 against Chicago State. Barnes did it February 2, 2002 against UMKC.

Oral Roberts 90, Oakland, Mich. 53

Feb. 9, 2006

ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP) - Chris Riouse scored 32 points, including a school-record 10 3-pointers, as Oral Roberts routed Oakland 90-53 in a Mid-Continent Conference game Thursday.

The win gave the Golden Eagles (15-9, 10-2 Mid-Con) a season sweep of Oakland (9-15, 4-8), the team that upset them in the conference tournament final last season.

The loss was the most lopsided for the Golden Grizzlies since a 68-30 defeat at Northwestern in 1998, and the worst home loss in coach Greg Kampe's 22 seasons.

Larry Owens added 20 for Oral Roberts, as he and Riouse fell one point short of equaling Oakland's point total by themselves.

Calvin Wooten, who picked up four fouls in the first half, led Oakland with 12 points. No other Golden Grizzly reached double figures. Rick Billings, one of Oakland's top players, sat out the first 10 minutes after arriving late for the game, and scored only six points in 13 minutes.

The Golden Eagles led 40-18 at the half, and by as many as 39 points in the second half.

A couple other things I'm impressed by after looking at the box score -

? Larry going 4-of-5 from outside the arc.

? Despite having 0 points, Marchello played 26 minutes (2nd most behind Caleb), had 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks. Great move by Sutton to give him a lot of PT, and therefore experience.

? The team shot 32 times from outside the arc and hit on 18 of them.

? Caleb was held to 10 points, shot only 2-of-7 from the field, and we still beat the tar out of Oakland.

Unfinished business? I think the team made a statement tonight. This was the kind of win I was expecting before the season started.

Eighteen three point shots in one game ties us for sixth place this season for the most 3 pointers made in a game. Most 3's in a game this year was by Utah State, who scored 20 against New Mexaco State, and by WVA, who scored 20 against Marquette.

I spoke with ORUTerry, who was at the game, and he said that the Oakland students were chanting, "Mid-Con Champions" before the game.

Think that pumped up our team a little bit?

Mid-Con Champions ohhhh that would get me pumped up for a game. Be proud of your lucky 3 point shot at the end of that game and enjoy your whooping. And Riouse lets break your record at IUPUI while they quadruple team Green.