UNM/ORU

jupiter2

Hello Golden Eagle fans,

Merry CHRISTmas from NM.

I used to post some on the old ORU forum. As was the case then and now, I'm a huge UNM Lobos fan but I also enjoy seeing schools like ORU and Liberty, in particular, do well. I ran across this forum and thought I would drop by and register.

After reading some of the posts here, I seem to recall some of the regular ORU posters that were on the old forum. On the old forum, I think I was loboj.

Anyway, aside from that, the UNM-ORU game should be very exciting.

The Lobos are off to their best start since the 1973-74 season. At 12-0, Loboland is surely buzzing. As you all are probably aware, UNM has beaten California, Texas A&M and most recently Creighton. The Blue Jays gave UNM their best game, so far. CU had a huge 16 point lead that UNM was able to overcome in the Pit.

The Lobos are alot of fun to watch. They are very young. UNM has one senior, Roman Martinez of El Paso. He is pretty much UNM's all everything. He can rebound, score and is a great defender. He's just a great all around player. The Lobos will often go with a four guard lineup. At 6-7, Darington Hobson is super athletic. He can play forward, guard or center. He is a junior.

The Lobos are not afraid to put up the treys. UNM has some very good shooters. For more information on UNM, check out www.golobos.com

How do you all feel that ORU matches up with New Mexico?

I know the Eagles are very tough. You have played a very good schedule. Beating Stanford and Missouri says it all.

Jupiter Out

GO LOBOS!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Hey good to hear from an opposing fan. I am actually in NM for business and went to the UNM vs Creighton game on Saturday. Man was the PIT cool, it was so loud and packed. The arena is small right now but really packs people in there. Also I'd say 75% of the crowd stood the entire second half, I have never seen a team's fans do that. Easily a top 3 live basketball experience for me.

As for your team, they have some super athletes and seem to be pretty deep. I think Alford played at least 11 guys last night. Also is there a 3 pt shot they did not like? They almost shot themselves out of the game.

For ORU to have a chance I think we will have to have a good shooting night and UNM will have to be cold as they were in the first half of the Creighton game. However I don't think we have anyone to match up with Hobson he is a stud. We have also have been really hit by injuries so we will be pretty light. Nevertheless, I think we will have a chance but need to shorten the game and play sound defense and catch you guys on a cold shooting night. If we get in a run and gun full court press game as we did against Louisville it could be a long night.

I will say that we have a great arena in the Mabee Center and if you are used to the PIT you would love sitting in our gold back cushion chairs compared to the metal you guys have. I really think both arena's probably seat about the same but the PIT is so much smaller and right on top of the court that it is a huge home court advantage for you guys.