James Kruse

orumom

There is an article on James Kruse in today's Tulsa World, page 4. Could one of you post it on this thread? Thank you.

This is what the article said:

James Kruse's passion to become a high school basketbal coach was ignited while playing for Oral Roberts University.

Kruse was a top reserve on ORU's 1997 NIT team.

"I played for Bill Self at ORU and his staff had some other great coaches -- Barry Hinson, Norm Roberts and Scott Sutton," Kruse said. "It was there that I saw how fun coaching could be."

Kruse, however, didn't get into coaching right away after college. He was KWHB cable channel 7/47's program director for three years before being arriving in 2002 at Lincoln Christian, which had just started varsity athletics.

Lincoln is 54-37 in four years under Kruse. Despite an 8-12 record this season, Kruse is confident the Bulldogs can soon achieve the level of success in basketball that the football team has reached.

The Bulldogs start two freshmen and a sophomore. Cody Wilson, a 6-foot freshman point-guard, sank a 16-footer at the buzzer on Tuesday to give the Bulldogs a 48-47 win at Chouteau. Wilson has made three winning shots in the final 20 seconds this season.

"He's making my job easier because I know who to call on late in the game," Kruse said. "Because we are so young, our goal this year was to win 10 games and we're on track for that."

Kruse did not make it easy for his team to reach that goal.

"We're probably playing our toughest schedule," Kruse said. "We're a Class A-sized school with a 6A mentality. But to be the best you've got to play the best.

Lincoln will have a challenge this weekend when it hosts 2A No. 2 Wewoka on Friday and plays 3A No. 4 Cascia Hall at 5:15 p.m. Saturday at Expo Square Pavilion following the Tulsa 66ers game.

Doesn't he also make an appearance in a recent Fine Airport Parking commercial?