STL VU Fan

vcboy2000

Good job on your mid con blog. I like it cause it has updated standings, upcoming schedule, and articles on Mid-con teams all in one central location. One question though. On your post on Tuesday's blog you said:

"This Saturday in "The Jungle" will really be a pivotal game, seeding wise, because if ORU loses, they're magic number would actually go down by 3 instead of 2, due to being swept. Of course, Thursday's games come first."

What is a magic number would be my first question? Secondly are you saying that if we lose on Sat. we would be swept by IUPUI? If so that is not the case. We beat them by 10 in the Mabee. So...what's up?

Usually "magic number" is a number of games that a team has to win in order to clinch a postseason berth. However in this case, I think he means that ORU would have to win 3 games and IUPUI would hafta lose 3 games in order for ORU to finish ahead of IUPUI, because if ORU wins 2 and IUPUI loses 2, they would tie in the standings, but IUPUI would get the better seed based on a head-to-head sweep over ORU. However, that point is pretty moot, since we beat IUPUI in Tulsa, and if we won at IUPUI it would make things harder on the Jags.

That's going to be tough to win considering Ron Hunter is "the nation's most exciting head coach." I don't know how we even have a chance. I'm scared.

http://www.iupuijags.com/Staff/Coaching/hunterbio.html

Oh, and I have to share a pet peeve of mine. When basketball players tilt their head back or to the side for a roster photo and try to look 'hard' it annoys me to no end. They end up looking so stupid and thuggish, which whether they think so or not, is a bad thing.

http://www.iupuijags.com/Basketball/Mens/Roster/hill.html

C'mon George, I know you're awesome and everything but give the camera a smile and quit leaning back like it's about to attack you.

Good job on your mid con blog. I like it cause it has updated standings, upcoming schedule, and articles on Mid-con teams all in one central location. One question though. On your post on Tuesday's blog you said:

"This Saturday in "The Jungle" will really be a pivotal game, seeding wise, because if ORU loses, they're magic number would actually go down by 3 instead of 2, due to being swept. Of course, Thursday's games come first."

What is a magic number would be my first question? Secondly are you saying that if we lose on Sat. we would be swept by IUPUI? If so that is not the case. We beat them by 10 in the Mabee. So...what's up?

Dang it, you're right. Why was I thinking that? Obviously that comment was bogus on my part.

If it had been true, it would have been like a 3 game reduction in magic number, but since it wasn't true, there was really no need to make the comment at all.

Sorry about that, and good catch.

By the way, I believe I set it up so that people can add comments right there in the Blog, though I have no idea if that works or not. You all should feel free to try it. I think I get an email if anyone drops a comment. It'd be nice to see if it actually works.

I will correct the mistake ASAP.

Oh, and I have to share a pet peeve of mine. When basketball players tilt their head back or to the side for a roster photo and try to look 'hard' it annoys me to no end. They end up looking so stupid and thuggish, which whether they think so or not, is a bad thing.

http://www.iupuijags.com/Basketball/Mens/Roster/hill.html

C'mon George, I know you're awesome and everything but give the camera a smile and quit leaning back like it's about to attack you.

I totally agree, most of that team's roster pics are like that though.