Family Affair: Meet the Greens

tmh8286

There is a nice article about Caleb and his sister, Sarah, in the Feb., 2006 issue of "High School Sports", a local freebie that you can find at the entrance of various businesses around town. Locals shouldn't have any trouble finding it, if interested in reading the article. The title is, "Family Affair: Meet the Greens".

It's too long to post the whole thing, but basically it says that Caleb's HS freshman sister is a star on her varsity team at Memorial High School. Caleb is quoted, "When people started telling about how good my sister was, I knew that all those times I played with her and beat her up had finally paid," said Caleb. "I know she's tough enough even though I always thought she would turn into a girly girl."

"He never let me win when we would play any sport," said Sarah. "He was always so much better and that has made me better as well."

One thing I noticed that she does better than me at her age is the fact that she uses both hands really well," Caleb said. "I didn't start using my left until my junior year in high school."

So what happens when Caleb makes it home for dinner? "We get along pretty well," said Caleb. "We don't agree on our favorite dishes. I think Mom and Dad cook more for what she wants. It's a lot of fun though because we can't talk about enough basketball."

So will Sarah ever be as good as Caleb? "I don't know if I can answer that," said Caleb. "She is well on her way because she is contributing at such a young age."

Some nice pics of Caleb as well as more quotes from family members. Overall a pretty good article.

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 6602080309

This article isn't exactly related but it is about why SUU is good for the Mid-Con. I especially like the part where they say that if it weren't for ORU, Southern Utah would probably have won a few baseball championships. And if it weren't for Valpo, a lot of other teams would probably have basketball championships too.