A tale of two programs

ORUHomer

Anyone else out there see Georgetown on the ticker and in the national rankings and think, "didn't we beat those guys last year?" Mind you, not only did we beat them, but we were actually the better team at the time.

Admittedly, they were a very young team with tremendous upside, but their recent success is a huge credit to Coach John Thomson III. Here are some excerpts from a Washington Post article that shows just how far they've come:

"He (Thompson) handed the ball to a freshman walk-on point guard (Jonathan Wallace), started two other freshmen for the majority of the season (Jeff Green and Roy Hibbert), installed a motion-based Princeton offense predicated on sharing that was completely alien to a roster full of players who had been taught only dribble-drive individuality and still managed to dwarf both expectations and the previous season's results." One big difference this year is that not only have they returned four (including leading scorer Bowman and leading rebounder and Big East Rookie of the Year Green), but also their top three reserves, and a heralded quartet of freshmen recruits.

I say all that to say this: Sometimes I just want to pout, grab my blankie, stomp my feet in a tantrum and say "Why can't we do that too?!?!?" Then I wake up.

Just somethin' I was thinking about...any thoughts? :shock: