Under achieving

Grizz

Ron and eagleman,

I have read both of you say that Oakland is not living up to preseasson hype...... you think we should have beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin......where they are 120 and 10, or Kansas......keep hoping....but maybe you should look at Oakland going to tenn tech and winning by 20....the same tech team that 2 nights later went to Ceader City and beat Southern Utah....I don't care who you are but you have to be pretty good if you win at SUU and your not a team use to playing a mile above sea level. Yes we lost to a MAC team at home...one we had beaten 3 years in a row. Did you know that Nelson missed 8 stright free throws in the last 10 minutes, his first game in over a year or that our transfer guard went 0-8 from the 3 in his first game in 2 years.....doubt that is going to happen in Jan or Feb.

Ah....thanks for filling in the blanks, Grizz.....it's just that from all the pre-season hype we heard...thought that Oakland U. would give a better account in those big games.....and you've got some others coming up in the next few weeks so i hope you can win at least one of them with that supposed first round draft pick at center.......a look at the standings shows that it seems ORU has the biggest Summit win so far this season over Stanford....sorry if we expected just a bit more from your Grizzlies..... |(

Ron and eagleman,

I have read both of you say that Oakland is not living up to preseasson hype...... you think we should have beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin......where they are 120 and 10, or Kansas......keep hoping....but maybe you should look at Oakland going to tenn tech and winning by 20....the same tech team that 2 nights later went to Ceader City and beat Southern Utah....I don't care who you are but you have to be pretty good if you win at SUU and your not a team use to playing a mile above sea level. Yes we lost to a MAC team at home...one we had beaten 3 years in a row. Did you know that Nelson missed 8 stright free throws in the last 10 minutes, his first game in over a year or that our transfer guard went 0-8 from the 3 in his first game in 2 years.....doubt that is going to happen in Jan or Feb.

I think you should be able to go and compete in those environments. That is what good mid-majors do. Kampe did give your squad some more chances to redeem themselves, good luck.

Speaking of underachieving, Bison....your boys also came up small tonight at home vs. Wisc. GB.....a 9 pt loss.....not too good....hopefully, NDSU is still working out the kinks for their big game vs ORU in early January....that's one we all have circled on our calenders.... ;)

Grizz, on paper you've got quite a squad, with height in excess and a number of players that we were hoping would do the Summit League proud. Maybe it will still happen. I hope so. It would be nice to give the league a bit of an rpi shot in the arm . . . but frankly, Grizz, I am still waiting for Oakland to show a little of the muscle I thought you guys had. The one win you showcased is not enough. Does that sound too tough? When you are favoured to win the league, it carries with it certain expectations. I believe that we are collectively getting better and am simply hoping that Oakland does its part in promoting the league. What hasn't been done yet may still happen. As Eagleman said, there are still some possibilities.

Speaking of underachieving, Bison....your boys also came up small tonight at home vs. Wisc. GB.....a 9 pt loss.....not too good....hopefully, NDSU is still working out the kinks for their big game vs ORU in early January....that's one we all have circled on our calenders.... ;)

We have a lot of kinks to work out, Saul is still doing a lot of tinkering with the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised to see the youth movement be in full effect by the time we play you guys. As of now the younger guys just aren't quite there defensively.

Of course we are supposed to be working things out and rebuilding. I could say things about Oakland, but there is no way I am going to wake that sleeping bear.

Of course we are supposed to be working things out and rebuilding. I could say things about Oakland, but there is no way I am going to wake that sleeping bear.

I think that's wise. Let's not forget, it's still early in the season; Oakland is going to be good, we know that. I'm looking forward to seeing them play at full throttle, just not against us! ]:)

TheEagleman expects the Grizz to get back on the winning track tonight when they host a weak Central Arkansas squad....the toughest task for a Summit League team will be IUPUI this afternoon as they play at Kansas State....the way the Jags have been playing (5-1)....we can't discount the possibility that they could score an upset over the Wildcats who are 4-1....we will keep our eye on that one.....SUU at Utah St. should also be interesting....can the T-Birds pull out a win vs. their in state rivals?.... :?:

If the early going in tonight's game is any indication, Oakland might have been reading the comments on our board. 30-13 for Oakland in the early going! :o Everybody is hitting for Oakland tonight.

Final score 83-75 against a team that is not eligible yet for post-season because they are still making the transition to D-1 ball. This game only proves my point. Oakland is playing wayyyyy under their ability. Kampe did not let Jonathan Jones go to his post-game interview presumably because he is so ticked with the way the team played. Your thoughts, Grizz?

We watched the game.... Oakland played down to their competition. They still have trouble playing defense. I'm glad they won because this would have been a bad loss. Not impressed with the Grizzlies so far.

I'll tell you one Summit League team that is overachieving: IUPUI.

They are beating the weak teams handily, taking care of business against the mediocre teams, and playing the really good teams tough. They also have a nice road win over Drake of the Missouri Valley.

I'll tell you one Summit League team that is overachieving: IUPUI.

They are beating the weak teams handily, taking care of business against the mediocre teams, and playing the really good teams tough. They also have a nice road win over Drake of the Missouri Valley.

I know that this point of the season still can't be compared to the begin of conference play, but based on play to date, you would have to switch the prospective positions of Oakland and IUPUI.

The Jags lost to K-State tonight by 13 (70 to 57) in Manhattan.....

Played a tough road opponent close - didn't lose by thirty.

SDSU & UMKC are the opposite of clutch... they both gave away games in the last 5 minutes against terrible opponents. SDSU fans please win a game.

SDSU & UMKC are the opposite of clutch... they both gave away games in the last 5 minutes against terrible opponents. SDSU fans please win a game.

Double whammy for SDSU today. They go into their FCS (or D-1AA) playoff game with Montana leading in the 4th Quarter and give up 40 unanswered points to Montana, losing 61-31. I can't remember a team giving up 40 points in a quarter of football, have you?