ORU vs. LaSalle...

theeagleman5

TheEagleman grew up in the shadows of LaSalle University in North Philadelphia and has always been a big Explorer fan....however, I will put that aside and root my alma mater on to victory tomorrow night when LaSalle visits Mabee Center...not sure what kind of team the LaSalle women have but the men have always been pretty good....but, we are not playing the men tomorrow night so ORU should get a W here....go True Blue ORU!.... ;)

The TMH appreciates your loyalty to alma mater, Eagleman, but I feel I need to make one small correction - tomorrow's game tips off at 12:00 PM as part of the Best Field Trip Ever. Mabee Center will be filled with kids getting a break from school.

Where was stuff like this when I was a kid??

Thanks, TMH...I stand corrected....great idea to play a day game and hand out a lot of freebies to kids who hopefully will be rooting for the Golden Eagles....some research indicates that LaSalle is 1-1 having lost to Loyola MD and beaten Long Island U....they play ORU tomorrow, TU on Saturday and then Wichita St. Monday....a nice tour of the badlands for a team from North Philadelphia....TheEagleman grew up 2 blocks from the campus and was there last season to watch the men's team take on Florida State....they have a small 4000 seat arena on campus which is in the heart of a seriously bad neighborhood. so I brought EaglemanJR for protection (6'2" 225)...LaSalle has put out some outstanding all-americans like Ken Durett and Jelly Bean Joe Bryant (father of Kobe) in the 70s and Lionel Simmons (top 5 alltime NCAA scorer) and Doug Overton in the 80's...also, ESPN's Tim Legler was an Explorer about 25 yrs ago and an Eagleman favorite....ah, the memories!.... ;(

am sad that our family's season ticket package did NOT include the ladies games this year....especially this year. would be at every game cheering them on, really like the game that Kevi plays and the new brand of basketball coach F has them playing this year.

freebies? maybe I should go attend the game too, although I always get beat out by the little kid for the goodies, i think because they are so cute and the minority, maybe the tables would be turned today...

Anyone else from the forum planning on going today? I'm going to just buy a ticket when I get there, but would be nice to sit with some friendlies.

That Luper chick appears to be pretty good....she might light up LaSalle today with 25+....TheEagleman looks for a high scoring affair but it should end up in an ORU victory.... ;)

Great event going in here at the mabee, lot of kids here( although most of them seemed to be at the concession stand, would seem they are giving away snacks.. maybe I should go check) anyways Lupercal putting ona clinic with 17 points with 7:49 left in the first half, she needs some help with the game tied at 23. Voice still doing a great job as usual.

Women's season tickets are only $39 each. Mabee Center Ticket Office can be reached at 918-495-6000. Very affordable if not too cheap!!!

Golden Eagle Club donors with season tickets can upgrade to courtside seating at no additional charge. Just give me a call at 918-495-7213 if you're interested in moving down low.

One of the most amazing things i have seen at the mabee center. I remeber Borges putting up 40 against IUPUI (?) when i first became a fan. I remember LSG hitting 6 threes. I remember Josh Atkinson hitting was it 7 threes? But i have never seen someone dominate and hit everything like Kevi Luper; Jumpers, spinmoves, layups, steal and score, And ones, three pointers like this girl. Wow. 44pts. Not to mention, it was a battle till early in the second half when she took over. That is a fun team to watch.

She missed six shots (19 of 25).... what's up with that? /sarc

She is a pretty remarkable player.

TheEagleman expected a big game by Luper today and she certainly came thru....hitting all 13 of her 2 pt shots is amazing!.....nice win for ORU against my homegirls from here in Philadelphia....now would love to see ORU return the game next year at Gola Arena in Phila. and bring the men here, too!..... :)

She missed three shots (16 of 19).... what's up with that?

She needs to spend more time in the gym!! Surely she's capable of 100% shooting. JK of course.

She is just a phenomenal player. Truly the real deal. She drives the lane like a guy - utterly fearless.

She's all over the court, on both offense and defense. Amazing.

I went to today's game at the urging of oruvoice and in honor of Eagleman. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was electric, with about 2,000 screaming kids. My ears are still ringing. At one point voice said, "If you want an ice cream sandwich let's HEAR SOME NOISE!!!" What resulted was absolutely deafening!! The kids were obviously having a great time.

LaSalle played well for thirty minutes of the game, and the final score in no way represents the talent on that team. They actually led by one at halftime. I really wondered if ORU could hang with them for the whole game. But at the ten minute mark in the second half it was like they just fell apart. They couldn't hit a shot, weren't getting back on defense, were turning the ball over. ORU took complete control of the game. In the final ten minutes of the game LaSalle scored four points, ORU scored 25.

Dr. Rutland and Mrs. Rutland came during the second half, and Dr. Rutland actually went out with the cheerleaders at one point and threw tee shirts to the kids. He seemed to be having as much fun as they were.

Another fun and exciting game by Jerry Finkbeiner and Co.

Lupers official stats--- 44 points on 19-25, 3-6 behind the arc, 3-3 ft, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 7 steals

Pretty complete stat line. Forty four points and fourteen rebounds. Wow.

Fantastic game by Kevi Luper....looks like another ORU star is born....and after checking out her pic and bio on the website...TheEagleman has to say that the young lady is also smokin' hot!....she has a bit of the Hillary Duff look...I would think that the young guys should be lining up at the ladies' dorm.... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I don't know about at the dorm, but they sure were after the game, although they were about 10 yeaRs old. Went down to offer any advice on her pre-med intent but she said she was actually thinking dental.